585,978 active members*
4,285 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

smart path issues

OK it is driving me crazy... my system is driving me nuts, I had a computer die on me ended up switching to win 7, pro. I finally found my 17.2 disks and got them loaded. recently started to optimize an old tool path, same geometry, now I cant get smartpath to turn off. I can't get it to stop inserting g8 and g9 and now the program reads the first path correctly, except for all the inserted g11 codes and undesired exact stops then on the second path it inserts a g8 and g9, which it doesn't read, then instead of the ramp entrance it goes straight to the g3 which it cuts in the wrong place and it stops.

I have put SMARTPATH: OFF in the tool path, as well as manually entering it , I have tried to save the smartpath ppp file but every time I do I get a system error path not found. I have looked through the documentation and cant find the path it looks for. I have tried booting it from the as3000 file and the cnc file to see if that made a difference, same result

amy body got any clues?

Re: smart path issues

question , can i simply remove the smartpth.fil section from the cbk file and not foul up the works ? or do I have to 0 out all the values and leave the fil heading there?

Yes, you may simply delete the SMARTPTH.FIL from the CNC folder and remove the SMARTPATH ON logic command from the STARTUP.FIL file.
    This will disable the Smart Path features

Tech Support
    CamSoft Corp.
    [email protected]
    PH 951-674-8100
    Fax 951-674-3110
    PC Based CNC Control For The Machine Tool CNC Retrofit And CNC Controller OEM Market
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

go figure, the power company came in and changed out two of my electric meters, so I had to shut down my computers, when I went back, I pulled up smart path and it allowed me to save my parameters, no error report, that was different, so I fired up the machine and what do you know smooth as silk no unwanted stops and no missed code. now and then it appears if I leave the computer on too long or leave the controller up too long it seems to have a glitch sneak in. Sort of like the stacks aren't flushed out or something, Thanks camsoft