584,841 active members*
4,285 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > Bobcad V25 shutting down with a "Runtime error" message

Bobcad V25 shutting down with a "Runtime error" message

Having the above problem, especially when I try to save a bbcd. file as a dxf. file. The program goes into a forced shutdown. I did some searching on line and got a hint this might be due to having Windows 7 rather than the Windows XP I used to run. Any ideas? Thanks

Re: Bobcad V25 shutting down with a "Runtime error" message

I don't know why you're getting that error, but I've had no issues with Bobcad and Windows 7 Pro 64 bit and I've used that combo since V24. I keep Windows and my graphics drivers up to date, but other than that I don't know what else might cause that related to Windows 7.

Can you post a file that you know generates the error? Perhaps its more to do with the file itself and there is something in how you are using Bobcad triggering it. ZIP the .bbcd file and upload it here using the "Go Advanced" button.

I appreciate the help! You might be right about the file. I can open that file but when I try to upload it to add to the reply I get an "invalid file" message. So I opened the drawing in Bobcad, renamed and tried to upload the renamed version. Still no luck. The new file name is Sport IFS geometry.bbcd I don't know why that would be an invalid file

You have to ZIP Bobcad files to upload them to the forums. Right click on the file and choose "Send to" and then "Compressed (zipped) folder". Once it's a zip file, you can upload it.

OK, zip file attached. Your patience is appreciated
    Attached Files Attached Files

I'm not getting a shut down when I try to save as a DXF, but I do get a "Save Failed" or similar dialog when I try to save as anything but IGES or Bobcad (at least of the formats that can contain line geometry).

I think that the problem is the measurements/callouts. The IGES file saved without them and if I try to explode them into geometry, I am unable to even select them (you can explode the text at the top, but not the measurements). I am pretty certain the key is to be able to change the format of the measurements to something compatible with Autocad formats, but I can't seem to find a way to reduce them to simple geometry. Perhaps someone will be able to help out with that, but I'll keep looking as well.

Delete your dimensions,then save as .dxf.
    re-open and use BoB to dimension

That seems to work! Many thanks