584,837 active members*
5,251 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > DIY CNC Router Table Machines > Anyone sell the support blocks for pipes?

Anyone sell the support blocks for pipes?

Does anyone happen to know of someone that sells the end blocks for supporting and adjusting the pipes? I know I could make some but if someone has some that would be great. And I prefer metal.

Thanks
    LetterCAM CNC Software
    http://www.LetterCAM.com

Don't know if they exist in the States but in OZ, it is possible to buy galvanised pipe support brackets for supporting pipe through a flat surface.

I bought those and drilled and tapped 3 holes in triangle formation.

That would work.

Andy
    Drat, imperfection has finally stopped working!!

Could you post a picture? I'd love to see this bracket.

-- Chuck Knight

i think i've seen something like what your looking for on 8020.net, and several other sites... i'll see if i can round up some links later tonight... just a thought.. you might go to your local boat supply shop, they have brackets that mount and support the handrails, like what would go on the front... just a thought..

heres just one example... if you didnt want it to surround the pipe, a hack saw could cut off the top half so that its an open cradle and then you could screw up through the bracket into your pipe to secure it for a mid span support...

http://www.bosunsupplies.com/product...?product=S3670
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails hand rail brackets.jpg  
    Grizzly X3, CNC Fusion Ballscrew kit, 3 500oz-in bipolar steppers, 3 203v Gecko's, Linear power supply from Hubbard CNC, Mach 3, BOBcad Pro Art V22, Rhino.

This is one picture I have laying around.

I tried to get some better pics but the camera was in wife's handbag and about to head out the door. I will now have to wait before I can get a better picture.

The picture is clearly side view and you will see there is enough sidewall on the bracket to be able to drill and tap holes. With those screws in place, it is easy to adjust the position of the pipe.

By the way, I abandoned this approach (and therefore the brackets) as I concluded that unsupported pipe would only cause me problems with flex down the track. If the X is not rigid, the gantry weight then becomes a factor and my gantry is 4 foot and made of mild steel, so evidently unsupported pipes become a big risk factor for the effectiveness of my machine.

Andy

(Just looked at the picture again, .... You can just make out 2 of the holes I drilled)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails first rail support.JPG  
    Drat, imperfection has finally stopped working!!