584,858 active members*
4,291 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Milltronics > milltronics file extension

milltronics file extension

I'm trying to get bob -cad and my milltronics cent.5 controller to talk to each other. does anyone know
    what file extension milltronics uses?

thanks

Re: milltronics file extension

Mine works with .tap and .nc, not sure about any others.

On my cent 6. When I save a file I change the file type to all and type O0001. You can change the number portion make sure to include the period.

There are two settings for the way you can use file names.

The first uses the Milltronics conversational filename P#### and the Fanuc operating filename O####. The second is used mostly for CAD/CAM filenames and uses the DOS 8.3 format, such as 12345678.ABC.

There is a MISC setup parameter called Full DOS File Names that you can toggle YES/NO. NO is the first way and you only need to specify the four digits to create a new conversational program or run an existing program. YES allows/requires you type in the complete file name. To create a new conversational program, you will have to type the "P" and the four digits, although newer versions don't require the 'P'.

You can switch the default between the two types by changing the parameter as described, or you can press Shift+D on newer software versions. Try it when you are looking at an F7-Menu to see the difference.

The easy answer is .
    use O#### Thats the letter O ie O1234 with out the file extension. Right click you file and select rename, delete the file extension ie .txt save the file and load it in to the machine.
    with a file extension O1234.txt or O1234.nc or what ever the file extension BobCad uses.
    When using the file name extension you will have to change the MISC parameter " full DOD file names to YES.

Sportybob

thanks for all your help

My Cent 6 on RH 30 using Gibbs Cam posts a file name with a .NCF behind it, I think this stands for numerical control file. Don't know how current your software is but to switch to full dos file name on my machine, I go to run, then menu, after the programs are displayed You hit the letter "D" and this is the short cut to full dos file names. you need to be in full dos file name to load the file.
    Good Luck
    The Farmer

While you are looking at a menu of files, the D option displays the "other type" of files and changes the default parameter setting.

Pressing the D while in Menu toggles between the YES/NO settings in the MISC parameter Full DOS Filenames.