584,814 active members*
5,353 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > DeskCNC Controller Board > DeskCNC controller output current?

Question DeskCNC controller output current?

Hi all!

Did any one know how much current at 5v can supply the controller of DeskCNC via its outputs?I would like to know beacause i d like to drive a relay.SSR relays after the apply of control voltage stay on even when the control voltage have been removed?

"Two questions one aim!!!"

Found it!

I found that the controller can output 25mA at 5 volts!!!And because this supply comes out from the IC of the controller,be gentle!!! Ex. you can't connect directly a motor to the flood output:nono:

Each pin can supply 20mA at 5V, you really ought to buffer the output with a transistor or a darlington driver (ULN2003) and be sure to put the flyback diode. Alternatively buy a breakout board that has all of this done for you.

Greg

Desk CNC has all this done for you. You must use a DC to AC electronic relay, you can control the spindle , coolant , lights etc.

Adobe (old as dirt)

Hi,
    DeskCNC offers this functionality but the interfaces are not there, ie the analogue spindle is PWM not 0-10V etc. Use a breakout board like this one: http://www.cncdirect.co.za/htm/cnc.html to see what I mean.

Greg

Thanks for the "traffic" in my post.Because now im on the middle of the construction of my CNC Mill i dont have much time to surf the net...so at a later time i will post more issues for conversation.Belli,thanks for the link i already checked it,and i think the breakout board will fit my needs(even though i already fabricated my own PCB)i will probably change it to breakout board because i have some interference with the coolant pump(even with the opto isolator that i made) the controller picks up "noise" and stops.
    Future will show!!!

"Many questions,one aim"

See you!!