585,665 active members*
3,336 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

real noob question! PCNC dos

Just started working with my first piece of cnc kit, a german BZT pf750 router table. I have the dos based PCNC software with it and ive run a bit of Gcode no trouble but I want to run hpgl gode which the software can do. As the machine has a 110mm travel on the z axis im having to set the plunge of the bits at around 80mm to hit the workpiece when working with HPGL but its tediously slow running programmes where the bit has to raise and plunge. Is it possible to set the zero point on the z axis at say 70mm within the software as I cant work out a way of doing it?

Does the S/W support G92? Work coordinate change absolute zero?
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Yes but thats G-code isnt it? Would that work within a HPGL file as the software interprates both sets of code?

I think you are going the wrong direction. Using HPGL to run a machine and trying to build cut files with it is pretty lame. I did it with my first CNC project and was happy to dump that approach and the quirky software.

What you need is a good, cheap CAM program that will take your HPGL files and let you import them and do toolpath design and not have to hand code anything. Take a look at SheetCAM (www.sheetcam.com). $159.00 USD and it will make you happy (:-)

Tom Caudle
    www.CandCNC.com