585,604 active members*
3,547 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Novakon > A Very Handy Little Gadget

A Very Handy Little Gadget

I've recently setup a wall-ful of small parts bins, to store my growing collection of miscellaneous small parts and hardware for the PDB, ATC, and other projects. As there are about 80 bins, I needed some way of labelling them. I found a Brother P-Touch PT-H100 hand-held label printer on Amazon for under $20, and LOVE it! It has one really nice feature - it will print labels specifically for labelling wires and cables. The text is printed at both ends of a strip, with a line in the middle, to help you locate it nicely on the wire. Last night, I labelled all the wires on the ATC prototype. This afternoon, I had to remove the VFD from my Pro, so I took the opportunity to label all the connections to the VFD as well, so I won't have to refer back to the manuals, or remember the wire color codes to re-install it.

Regards,
    Ray L.

Re: A Very Handy Little Gadget

Label makers are very handy. I've had this one for awhile.
    New NIP Dymo LABELMANAGERÂ 150 Printer Kit Electronic Label Maker Bundle 071701181435 | eBay

It works well and makes nice labels, however I have a hard time getting the backing off with certain tapes. Mainly the gold and silver ones. Black and white works better.
    I didn't read the manual to see if it will mark wires though. I would not have thought to even use it for that. That would be an excellent use for them.
    Lee

I always have one on hand. It's always in my go bag.

The Dymo Rhino series of printers are really good for labeling wires, terminals etc.

Amazon.com: DYMO RhinoPRO 6000 Label Printer (1734519): Office Products

They have printable shrink wrap that looks really good and will print tag numbers on wear resistant flat tape that also looks good.

Mike

Here's a current Black Friday deal on a different model (Brother PT-D200), for anyone interested; $8 at Amazon.

Brother P-touch Home and Office Labeler - Slickdeals.net