585,667 active members*
3,946 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Daewoo puma 8s

Hi Guys

I have this problem with a Fanuc OT-C, when the machine is at the home position all the numbers in the position screen are zero. I was told by a friend that the absolute should not read zero at the home position, is this true.
    This is the problem at every tool change the machine will go all the way back home and tool change. I would like it if tool change was only 2-3 inches away from the part.
    Can you help.

I think the absolute position can be set in the parameters but I'm not sure which parameters. I seem to think it may be 113 and 114 but please check this first.

To move the toolchange position there are 2 ways to do it and you then use G30 U0.0 W0.0 for toolchange position
    Method 1
    change parameters 735 and 736 to the required X and Z position respectively.
    Method 2
    Put the following code at the top of your main program

G10 L50
    N735 P x position
    N73736 P z position
    G11

where P is the value you want in parameter 735 and 736 as in method 1
    You do need the G10/G11 option for this but it is more versatile as you change the G30 position for each component. Of course you have to make sure it correct for each job or you will index into the job.
    Method 1 is the safest method, Method 2 gives faster cycle times but does rely on setters putting in the correct values for each program.
    Alan B

parameter list

can anybody give me the parameter for daewoo puma 8s cnc machine
    i own a second hand machine but i dont have this parameter book
    pls help me in this matter

MACHINE MODEL : DAEWOO PUMA 8
    PROBLEM: DISPLAY PROBLEM IN THE SCREEN (DISPLAY NOT AT ALL SHOWING)
    SO PLEASE HELP ME....
    REGARDS
    SENTHILCNC