585,676 active members*
4,324 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Post B'port tc22 / dx32 alarms

Has anyone had trouble searching or skipping past troubled code from multiple radii on a DX-32 control? The programs run perfectly with no glitches yet we can't read past the multiple radius cuts G22/23 and g2/g3 without an alarm for dummy radius of some sort? This is a headache during set up. Any help with this is appreciated.eb

We have a TC22 for a year now and it never acted up with this kind of alarm.

however, a problem I have on mine is that when you do a F9 QUILL UP , dont touch anything else cause the control will simply crash... got to reset to get it back working...

Also had some crashes when changing the work offsets in the G54... got to reset also since it was like getting into the dos software on that bug and we cant get out of there in anyway...

If you guys ever saw this, let me know

As you know this is a PC based control running on DOS. When I see such behavior, I suspect the CMOS settings for the hard drive, the hard drive and or software, and lastly communication within the control.
    Thus I typically check that the CMOS matches the FDISK of the hard drive, not to exceed 504MB. Secondly, I will nuke the hard drive and format it, load DOS and the machine software. This will resolve 95% of the cases. Lastly I will clean the edge connector of the BMDC. PM is very important also. All fans working (including logic power supply) and filters clean.

George
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

As an added comment:

Make sure your BIOS does NOT have LBA turned ON.

Also

Make sure the "write to cache before exit" option is turned ON.

Finally, it may be time to replace the HDD with a solid state DOM (disk on module).

Do a DOM search (type in the words too for a search). They are much more robust than a HDD and not horribly expensive considering that small HDD's are pretty much impossible to find anymore.