584,846 active members*
3,896 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Bend-Tech-ez

Bend-Tech-ez

Hi,
    Does anyone use any of the Bend-Tech products?

http://www.2020softwaresolutions.com/products.htm

If so what do you think of them and what type of things would I have to be doing to justify the more expensive packages (Such as 'Pro' or 'SE').

Thanks.

I tried the demo versions a while back, with 4" radius die and only 2" material, and the generated measurements were pretty accurate.. I used an old Hossfeld to do a bit of bending and the results were acceptable..

The main thing I noticed in SE was the ability to simulate bending, nice if you have an automated bender..

I never did buy it as it was just a few bends that the demo was able to generate, and I do very little bending lately..

enjoy..

thanks vladdy. I tried the demo, but haven't chosen/bought a bender yet so couldn't test the program for accuracy.

I set it to generate measurements in 16ths, and just used a tape measure and marker to layout on the pipe...and the degree wheel on the hossfeld..

final result laid down to about 1/8" on the tabs, bit of a squeeze and it was perfect...error was 'likely' in my measurements and bend angles, plus I didn't use the exact 4" die, or 2" aluminum pipe that the demo supports..

close enough...

enjoy..

I own the Pro version and it is an excellent program even though it is a pain to set up. Documentation is much easier to do in this software then in my previous ones I have used. I have been happy with it

check out www.offroadfabnet.com people that created bend tech own this forum. There is a lot of support and a lot of people on there that use bend tech to create roll cages and whatnot