585,926 active members*
3,801 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Fanuc OM ethernet connection

I need some help. We bought some used machines and we are trying to connect them to a pc so we can transfer programs. The machine came in with a RJ45 plug on the end of the wire, then feeds into the electrical panel, ten connected to RJ45 coupler, that turns it into a 25 pin DB connector which is then connect to a board. Now my questions, I have checked the cableing from the Coupler to the RJ45 that would plug into the pc, works fine. Now I plug it into the pc and there doesn't seem to be a signal coming from the board in the electrical panel. How do I need to configure my pc to make it talk with the controller. Any help is greatly appericated.

Thank you,
    Darrell

The 0M doesn't have ethernet capability. The previous owner must have had this cable made for some reason. The 0M is a standard RS232 port so you have to set / find this port as normal.
    Alan B

You use RS232 Port, You use Com port in PC side, i sand You cable connection drawing..

Here's a cable that works with ass Haas, Fanuc, Yasnac, Mitsubishi, etc.:

CNC side (25-pin male) ----- PC side (9-pin female)
    pin 1 ---- cable shield
    pin 2 -------------------------- pin 2
    pin 3 -------------------------- pin 3
    pin 5 -------------------------- pin 7
    pin 7 -------------------------- pin 5
    pins 6 & 8 --------------------- pin 4

You will find that the configuration you have is for RS232. It is quite common these days to use CAT5 twisted pair cable to run serial connections, especially over long distances. The main reason being that it is both cheaper cable and easier to get. At each end of this cable is an adaptor to change from RJ45 to either 9 or 25 pin serial. One of these adaptors can be wired as null modem if you use software handshaking, otherwise wire as per standard RS232. All you have to do is note which wires you are using at one end and set the other end to suit.

regards, Oz

Thank you

Thanks guy this will help.

Darrell