585,754 active members*
4,510 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: 3d Models

3d Models

Hi Any One Out There Know Of Any Place To Find 3d Models Or Services To Scan 3d Objects Without Going Broke?

What kind of models are you looking for?

i am looking for models to cut onto door panels,head boards,mantels. things like that. can you help?

Wink Scanner

What'ch got ta digitize?

PC

there is a place that has molds for plaster casting (WWW.LYNNETTE CO.inc.com) some of there molds would make good panels for carving,and they do not cost much. i have used there molds and am very happy with the product. if i can get them scanned it would make grate panels for cnc carving.

Bad link + you are going to get into a lot of trouble if there items are copywritten like mine?

http://www.vectorart3d.com/ Has some carving patterns that might be useful.

sorry pointcloude about the link. i am not trying to STEEL OTHER PEOPLES WORK. i am only letting people know of a good sorce of models. I DO NOT NEED YOUR KIND OF HELP. i am trying to get people to find good sources of 3d patterns.

sorry pointcloude about the link. i am not trying to STEEL OTHER PEOPLES WORK. i am only letting people know of a good sorce of models. I DO NOT NEED YOUR KIND OF HELP. i am trying to get people to find good sources of 3d patterns.

Great.
    I have a laser to help you with. I was only STATEING that YOU CAN GET INTO BIG TROUBLE.

I don't care what you do or how you do it. I have rhino rhinocam and art with a laser. I was also willing to help you with your project and KEEP YOU FROM PAYING A HUGE FINE.

I am still going to help you by saying that the FIRST INFRINGMENT WILL COST A MIN. OF $250K, THEN THE COPYWRITE OWNER SUES YOU FOR HOWEVER MUCH HE, SHE, AND OR A BUSINESS WANTS.

PATENTS ARE WORSE.

So you were asking for help and I offered. FREE help with knowledge over and above your request.

Good luck.

BTW not my site you posted. I was saying you needed to post a good link so I could SEE IT.

Maybe somebody will help because I take offense to what you said.

my site is www.cravenpottery.com

ONE LAST THING.. WHEN YOU BRING IN A POINT CLOUD FILE TO RHINO. GO TO:
    TOOLS> COMMANDS > READ FROM FILE> (PICK YOUR FILE FROM THIS MENU)

LATER
    PC

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by joez View Post
    Ummmm... You may want to edit your post and an apology wouldn't hurt, either. You know the old saying, "You can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar" is still true today! PointCloud was only trying to help and prevent a legal hassle and financial loss on your part. I'd take his advice to heart. Enough said.

Here's a few links for 3D models to get you started:

Turbo Squid

3D Cafe

3D Valley.com

3D Laser Scanner Resources:

Muellerr 3D Laser Scanner

VisLab Wiki - LazyScan

Muellerr Homemade 3D Laser Scanner - The Tutorial

NextEngine's Desktop 3D Scanner

Home-Brew 3-D Photography

Building a Homemade Laser Line Scanner

Simple 3D - 3D Scanners, Digitizers, and Software for making 3D Models and 3D Measurements

I hope this gives you the type of information you're looking for!
    HayTay

Don't be the one that stands in the way of your success!

As Colin said, http://www.vectorart3d.com/store/, is an awesome place to start. With thier free cam engine from VCarve its the perfect place to start. I love the models, but I cant handle the time it takes to route them out. To have the router screaming away for three or four hours for something I can buy at Rockler allready carved (well actually similar, it's not quite the same thing) for 20 - 30 bucks it doesent seem worth it to me if I'm working for profit.

But it is well worth checking out the free samples and there are some times that it would make sense since they are not expensive. With a big, fast production machine its probably the way to go. They have some awesome work.
    Halfnutz

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Smile

They have some awesome work.

I agree :cheers:

Immersion Technologies 3d digitizing arm for sale

I have a brand new one, still in box. It was purchased several years ago, but the item still works using Rhino.

Please contact me if you are interested.

[email protected]