585,719 active members*
4,054 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

BOSS 5 G-Code Using Interface Panel?

Is there a procedure avaliable to manually enter a program or single lines of G Code into a BOSS 5 using the control panel?

Yes, see manual. You can enter it using MDI (execute one line at a time), or MDI store where you can type in a whole program. Very tedious. Turn machine off and you will lose it.

George
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Which manual? I have a service manual (M-???), a student manual (M-156), and a programming manual (M-129E). None of these say how to manually enter G Code. Is there an operating or user manual which describes how to use MDI or what all of the key pad buttons are for (ie. CE, Black key, etc)?

Also, I have seen some reference to a tech bulletin floating around, but I couldn't find one here. Is there one specifically for BOSS 5 communicaiton?

Which connector can I hook a PC RS232 cable up to? Local (ERS K6) or Remote (ERS K8)? Or is the Local connector for a PC that is next to a machine, and the remote is for a different PC that is somewhere else?

Thanks.