585,982 active members*
4,430 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Emco Fb-2

Emco Fb-2

Hello,

I have a FB-2 milling machine. The problem is that a gear stripped out in the gear box, and someone threw the head away. I still have the motor.
    What I would like to do is get a new Milling Head for this machine that would fit on to the swivel that is mounted to the up right post.
    It looks like a milling head for a Maximat F1 will bolt on just like the FB-2 did.
    I would appreciate any help as to where I could buy a new or used head for my FB-2.

Thank you

It's stupid to throw a machine away, just because a gear is broken down. There are numerous ways to repair it. There are also Chinese FB-2 clones, see here:http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22452
    Emco has stopped production of these mills, so they are rare.

Emco FB-2

Thank you for your reply.
    I agree, the guy is stupid and thankfully I do not have to work with him anymore. None the less the head is gone and I need to find a replacement.
    The machine in the pictures looks to be the same as what I have. I would assume, that if a chinese company is building these machines they must have parts available.

I think the Chinese are rare too. But it broadens your choice. Emco and the clones are interchangable. A friend of mine pulled the FB-2 column from his lathe and mounted it to a Chinese Emco milling table replica. Instant fit. But you can't compare Emco quality to Chinese quality.

haha ,that Chinese Company still made FB2 clone,current price(the hole mill) is about 4300-4400 Chinese Yuan, about USD 550(exchange rate 1:8)
    but that company is old fashion, even dont have a offical website!
    and also i think it's hard for you to contact them (maybe they do not have somebody can speak english or they don't doing bussiness aborad) and buy only one gear head,thinking of clear custom,maybe a lots of trouble.

i think you can try find a gear head for mill at local market. i saw at China they sell industry level gear head for mill seperately