584,874 active members*
5,364 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > CNC Machining Centers > my Biesse Rover 13 ; 1996 Startup problems

my Biesse Rover 13 ; 1996 Startup problems

Hello, I recently bought Biesse Rover 13 ; 1996 with NC 400 plus controller. I have never used a machine like this and I need some help starting it. The machine is plugged in the power circuit, it has air connected(7 BAR; 700 l/min). All transporting brackets have been removed.
    There’s a small air leak from the part, shown at picture №1 or №2. I cannot stop the leak.
    The machine is in a foreign language so if someone could help me change it to English that would be great.
    There’s an error on the screen but I cannot find what’s it for – it says error " ECN_13-Axe en Alar " .
    Drill head does not want to go in any direction and we don't know how to make her go in the 0 possition, it's in the middle of the working area now.
    We don't know how to calibrate the machine.
    Please help.

Re: my Biesse Rover 13 ; 1996 Startup problems

Your email inbox is full

Quote Originally Posted by peteviko View Post
    Hello, I recently bought Biesse Rover 13 ; 1996 with NC 400 plus controller. I have never used a machine like this and I need some help starting it. The machine is plugged in the power circuit, it has air connected(7 BAR; 700 l/min). All transporting brackets have been removed.
    There’s a small air leak from the part, shown at picture №1 or №2. I cannot stop the leak.
    The machine is in a foreign language so if someone could help me change it to English that would be great.
    There’s an error on the screen but I cannot find what’s it for – it says error " ECN_13-Axe en Alar " .
    Drill head does not want to go in any direction and we don't know how to make her go in the 0 possition, it's in the middle of the working area now.
    We don't know how to calibrate the machine.
    Please help.
    we have a 1996 biesse rover 13 , was a good deal for a small shop as our so we took it ,
    i have the same problem at start up we have permanently Error ECN_13 and the error plc_9001 and maybe more , and i dont know how to get past this , when we press reset, the vacuum pump sometimes start and stay on and sometimes start for 4 seconds and shut down and we get plc 9011 , meaning vacuum pressure not enough .
    i dont know where is the problem and how to get past it .
    checked all the sensor of the axis , switched all the phases of power supply ,air pressure is over 7 bar (100 psi )
    please if someone can help me we are in panic mode for 3 days now .
    and who please can tell me how to check the 24v circuit of the machine , the controller is 401 (nc 400 plus)
    thanks in advance .

Hi ECN_13 is an axis over stroke error I think and PLC_9001 the thermal cut-out on the brake for the Router motor but I need to check my error code list.

Quote Originally Posted by szappala View Post
    Hi ECN_13 is an axis over stroke error I think and PLC_9001 the thermal cut-out on the brake for the Router motor but I need to check my error code list.
    ok , but is it mandatory to get this errors every time i start the machine ?
    thanks

I have a Rover 23 and PLC_9001 is there every time I start the machine and when an emergency is triggered but goes away when I press Stop, Reset and Clear
    ECN_13 needs the machine axis to be reset 0 by Homing X Y Z

Gents, I'm wondering if you where able to solve the problems.
    I've a Biesse Rover 13S which is in full running order after I had a lot of the same problems.

Biggest problem is to get normal support for these machines.

Biesse sends you to the local reseller, and the local reseller will send a learning cnc technician who can't help you, for a horrible price.

Except the Belgian reseller! These guys seems to know where they are talking about, and really try to help you. At least, they pointed me to the major problem on my machine.

Anyway, I've still one unsolved problem / question: how to setup / use the possibility to use autocad files....
    Anyone an idea?

Regards,

Jack

Hello friends,
    I would like to ask some do you know how to back up the system files for BIESSE ROVER 13, I would like to replace the batteries of the NC 400 Plus controller, but we worry that we do not have backup files if something goes wrong and we can't restart the machine.
    If anyone knows how to get them out of my machine I will be very grateful to share it.
    And if someone has such files for that particular machine and can send them to me, I'll be very happy.
    Thanks in advance.

biesse rover 13

Hello friends,
    I would like to ask some do you know how to back up the system files for BIESSE ROVER 13, I would like to replace the batteries of the NC 400 Plus controller, but we worry that we do not have backup files if something goes wrong and we can't restart the machine.
    If anyone knows how to get them out of my machine I will be very grateful to share it.
    And if someone has such files for that particular machine and can send them to me, I'll be very happy.
    Thanks in advance.

Re: biesse rover 13

Hello Petev your inbox is full, so i can't contact you. My mail is [email protected]. I'm in the same problem you were couple of years ago. I dont have any manual of the machine and besides I'm a recently graduated mechanical engineer so i dont know from where to start fix in it, but I want to succed with this problem. I'm sure the machine have many problems because it hasn't been turned on in many years, so it needs a good maintenance. Please all the information you can send or guide me I will appreciated very much.

Best regards,

Alejandro