585,926 active members*
3,669 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 2 of 6 1234
    Do these AC stepper drivers work with the normal motors we are used to and have salvaged\purchased over the years?
    Design & Development
    My Portfolio: www.robertguyser.com | CAD Blog I Contribute to: http://www.jeffcad.info

Quote Originally Posted by vacpress View Post
    Do these AC stepper drivers work with the normal motors we are used to and have salvaged\purchased over the years?
    They are not "AC stepper drivers". They are simply "AC in", in that you put in your household AC and this has the power supply and all built in. I am interested in knowing what this driver feeds the motors as far as voltage goes.

I looked at the available documentation. Alot is missing.. more than half.
    Design & Development
    My Portfolio: www.robertguyser.com | CAD Blog I Contribute to: http://www.jeffcad.info

Pls check here for the specification
    http://www.kelinginc.net/KL-11078.pdf. This driver is used for NEMA34 or NEMA42 stepper motors

Ah.

KellingInc- it made me isntall the chinese fonts before showing all the pages. I dont see any chinese characters on them. Odd.

Before it was displaying about 1/3rd of them.

Thanks for the clarification. I was thinking 'AC Stepper' WTF is that? Does such a beast exist?
    Design & Development

stepper kit update

Hi guys i just got my Keling kit up and running AWSOME!! THANKS JOHN
    no problems at all getting it going(Read the mach manual its a must print item)

breakdown

2- 495oz-in on x axis slaved to a
    425oz-in on y and z
    5056 drivers
    24v power supply
    5v power supply

LOTS OF POWER just tuning the motors in now with mach3

any body using the KL23-120-36?

I ordered 3 x KL23H276-30-8B (282oz-in NEMA23) motors from John last week. He quoted 10-day shipping to me (I'm in Canada) and they got here in 8 days

Great deal on these motors, excellent guy to deal with.
    They arrived in good shape, i will be hooking them up shortly to try them out, but I don't anticipate any problems.

This is my first CNC project, more will definately follow in the future, and I will be going back to John for more motors for sure.

Cheers,
    Gary

I ordered 3 KL5056 Keling Drivers and 3 495oz.in stepper motors. Should be here hopefully in the next couple of weeks if not sooner. Fingers crossed. I am new to CNC. Will report back how I do when they are here and tested.

Quote Originally Posted by phantomcow2 View Post
    They are not "AC stepper drivers". They are simply "AC in", in that you put in your household AC and this has the power supply and all built in. I am interested in knowing what this driver feeds the motors as far as voltage goes.
    The DC voltage to the driver is X1.4 the AC voltage.
    So you really need to be carefull when using the driver and you will need to use an isolating transformer to get the AC voltage down.
    This is not so much a problem for 110V AC, but if you are in Europe where the voltage is 230V, then you have no choice but to use a transformer.
    If you are looking at selecting a motor for this driver look for a motor with low current (High phase voltage)
    I would say though, with such a high voltage, you can get a Nema 42 motor running f#c#i#g fast )
    We have a kit with this driver, and we bundle it with a 12Nm motor that is rated at 6A in parallel, and we suggest to use a 100V AC supply.
    Motion Control Products Ltd
    www.motioncontrolproducts.co.uk

Switch Settings

I'm Confused as to KL 4030, the M1,M2, etc. Which Switch corresponds to M's?
    It would help if a Picture of the settings for a 495 motor and Stepper driver.
    Thanks for any help.
    Bob

M1,M2,M3 correspondes to 1, 2, ,3 ... dip switch
    See here for setting, http://www.kelinginc.net/KL-4030.pdf

www.kelinginc.net

i think what Bob mean is that it would be very nice of you to set a driver to correct setting for 495oz motor and take an actual picture, not just direct to .pdf that doesnt really explain anything. I would like to see something like that also. Thanks

So are you not able to help, John?

hey guys.

RE: correct jumper settings.

so. ive got a kelling kit. pesonally i think the power supply is drastically mismatched to the steppers, but maybe not to the drivers. i doubt the drivers i got, the.. 4030's could ever drive those big steppers to their full potential. it appears to me that they are a 'safe and reliable' combination though...

24v is undersized for these motors, but safe for the drivers, which are probably fragile.
    Design & Development

im pumping 60v @ 3A into the 4030's all day and they barly get warm, the 425oz steppers can fry an egg though, but so far so good, nothing gone up in smoke

Hi All,

Another pleased customer from India, John mailed me my steppers (640 OZ) on 15 I got them on 20th (Just in 5 dayz flat), used the standard USPS 20 pound box with shipment charges of 37usd each, and John shipped them in 2 packs, and so no duties attracted Either.

John and keling Rock, Just waiting for the Gecko's to be shipped to India to try the motors Out!

Well done john!

RGDS
    Irfan

I got 3 425oz/in plus drivers and power supply from Keling. I' ve just wired all together and it's working very well, at least whem doing "motor tunning" with mach3 . Shipping service was really good. Very good for the price. I had help from Arturo Duncan, as Keling sells some product from cnc4pc . Support from Arturo is incredible. Very very helpful and fast.

as long as vendor endorsements seem relevant i also had a fine experience with both keling and cnc4pc. i used the webchat on cnc4pc's website, and managed to contact the designer of the product i was interested in. ive bought a few since.
    Design & Development

Thank you all for your support

Page 2 of 6 1234