584,837 active members*
5,879 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Can you make Bevel Gears??

Hello, i am looking to see if anyone on here can make small bevel gears (approx 1" overall diameter) in aluminum. If someone exists, can you make them based on a sample part or would I need to provide drawings? Quantity will depend on the price.
    Thanks

Yes, you will need to supply drawings.

No gear maker I ever worked with would/could work from a verbal description like the one you provided.

Have you checked Boston Gear, Martin or Stock Drive Products???

They may have a part on the shelf you can modify.

well i didnt say pure verbal, i was just going with verbal to see who thought they could make one. i would actually rather provide a part as opposed to having to try to model one.

Quote Originally Posted by sleepy23 View Post
    ......make small bevel gears (approx 1" overall diameter) in aluminum.......
    Nylon bevel gears about 1-1/4" OD with a 1/2" bore are a stock item from Boston Gear at around $5. Well $5 when you buy a thousand or so. Even at three or four times that price it will probably be cheaper than getting them made in aluminum. And aluminum may not ge a good choice if you are running the gears in pairs.

You could purchase some steel bevel gears in small quantities from http://www.robotmarketplace.com/prod...ears_main.html
    They are rathe expensive so you might want to look elsewhere.