585,931 active members*
4,613 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

M code relays configuration

Kitamura HMC w/Fanuc control 1999. Trying to configure M code relays for M32/M33. Optional M code are all Finishing style. M32/M33 both open/close too quickly. Machine won't act on a m code dwell (M32P1000). We need to be able to either reconfigure the ladder for Latch style or be able to rewire the Finishing relays to act like Latch style. Latch style Open with on code (like M8) and close with a separate code (like M9). A dwell can be put in between to slow the realys when a Flash signal is needed...
    M8
    G4P1000
    M9
    ...flash for one second. We can't see to get the existing M32/M33 to work this way.

Any ideas?

The M32/33 probabally don't wait for a Fin(ish) signal so the line of code issues it and drops through to the next instruction.
    If any M codes that are not used trigger an output you possibly could rig something external, otherwise it means modifying the ladder, what control is it?
    In most cases the Ladder is developed external and loaded, a few allow on line programming but it depends on the hardware fitted.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Probe Guy

Hey Al,

Thanks for the quick reply. The control is a 1999 15M. We just tried runing through the finishing relays twice to slow the signal down, but no go. I have seen M codes that can work with a user defined dwell....M32P1000, but this control seems to be too old. MDI accepts the code, but won't act on the dwell. Do you know if the ladder is user accessable without a password? The new 31i and 200 are easy to configure the ladder....

You can program on board with a RAM file but if it has the ROM cassette then it usually has to be written off board.
    If RAM it can be accessed without password.
    As you may know, M functions are written in the ladder, so you can configure them any way you want within the confines of the Ladder instructions.
    Al.

Albert E.

Probe Guy

Yep, we have done that before, when we could get access. We just figued out a fix...instead of running open/close we went close/open and ran it through the realy twice. This slowed the signal down enough for our interface to catch it. I seems to be working, though I think we will need to call Fanuc on Monday and find out how to redifine the what the M32 works. Thanks for the help Al!

Brent

Quote Originally Posted by Probe Guy View Post
    though I think we will need to call Fanuc on Monday and find out how to redifine the what the M32 works.
    Fanuc may refer you to the OEM as Fanuc do not write the Ladder, so in most cases do not know what has been asigned for the M32, some OEM's could be different, but we just get a blank PMC when we order a system from Fanuc.
    Al.

Albert E.