585,902 active members*
4,356 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > P/S 071 Alarm on Fanuc O-TT but can't figure out why?

P/S 071 Alarm on Fanuc O-TT but can't figure out why?

On my one Wasino SS-8, I can back up the parameters by sending them to the computer but as soon as I tried to send a program to run on the lathe, I got a P/S 085 alarm. I lowered my baud rate from 4800 to 1200 on the computer and the machine and now I keep getting at P/S 071 alarm which the book says it means data not found or it's not reading a program number or something.
    I have 2 other lathes that are the same and they run at 4800 baud with the same cable just fine.
    I have my I/O settings all at 0 for Port 1, Parameter 0002 is at 10000001, Parameter 0038 is 01000001. These setting are the same on the other machines and they work there. Can someone tell me why I'm getting this alarm? I do have a % and an O before the program number. I can input the same program in to the others so I can't see it being a problem with my program, PC settings and DNC program settings. Please help!

Kevin

The 085 alarm means that your baudrate setting or stop-bits setting doesn't match the PC. The 071 alarm means that the control is trying to COMPARE the data that's coming in with a program that's already in memory. The compare function is active only when the memory protect key switch is turned on. Turn the key switch off, and the 071 alarm shouldn't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Fritz View Post
    The 085 alarm means that your baudrate setting or stop-bits setting doesn't match the PC. The 071 alarm means that the control is trying to COMPARE the data that's coming in with a program that's already in memory. The compare function is active only when the memory protect key switch is turned on. Turn the key switch off, and the 071 alarm shouldn't happen.
    I've learned that on the machines I have, what should and shouldn't happen doesn't really seem to mean anything lol.
    The key was off the whole time but after I read what you wrote, I checked the diagnostics and didn't notice anything change when turning the switch on and off so I checked one of my other machines and noticed that diagnostic 0006 bit 2 changes from 0 to 1 when the program protect is turned off. Sounds like you may be onto something. I'll have to pop the panel off the front and check the switch with the meter. Thanks and I'll post what I find.

Kevin

Re: P/S 071 Alarm on Fanuc O-TT but can't figure out why?

Quote Originally Posted by kmcmillen571 View Post
    I've learned that on the machines I have, what should and shouldn't happen doesn't really seem to mean anything lol.
    The key was off the whole time but after I read what you wrote, I checked the diagnostics and didn't notice anything change when turning the switch on and off so I checked one of my other machines and noticed that diagnostic 0006 bit 2 changes from 0 to 1 when the program protect is turned off. Sounds like you may be onto something. I'll have to pop the panel off the front and check the switch with the meter. Thanks and I'll post what I find.

Kevin
    hi did you manage to solve the problem? can you write more?

Quote Originally Posted by kmcmillen571 View Post
    On my one Wasino SS-8, I can back up the parameters by sending them to the computer but as soon as I tried to send a program to run on the lathe, I got a P/S 085 alarm. I lowered my baud rate from 4800 to 1200 on the computer and the machine and now I keep getting at P/S 071 alarm which the book says it means data not found or it's not reading a program number or something.
    I have 2 other lathes that are the same and they run at 4800 baud with the same cable just fine.
    I have my I/O settings all at 0 for Port 1, Parameter 0002 is at 10000001, Parameter 0038 is 01000001. These setting are the same on the other machines and they work there. Can someone tell me why I'm getting this alarm? I do have a % and an O before the program number. I can input the same program in to the others so I can't see it being a problem with my program, PC settings and DNC program settings. Please help!

Kevin
    You don't have two % signs at the head of the program have you ?

Edit out the one stored on the pc and try again. 2 preceding percentage symbols will reset the download. Some download systems automatically put a % sign to download and if the program already has a % The download will fail, as below.

Good

%
    Prog (downloads)
    %

No good

%
    %
    Prog (resets)
    %

Re: P/S 071 Alarm on Fanuc O-TT but can't figure out why?

I have the same problem. Error 071. I don't have a key but a bit I can set on the CRT. It is off. Fanuc OMD

I can up and download all the parameters and diagnostics without issues.

It almost seems like the program area has not been initialized. PS Batteries all went flat and Parameters and Diagnostics all reloaded. . .

I also have never had the machine running but getting close.

I'm was trying to load the macros but even a short program gives an error.

I'm using a PC terminal to send the data. O is for EIA and : is for ISO.

This crashes

%
    :1024
    M08
    M30
    %