585,663 active members*
3,048 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Okuma LB15 - osp5000L software

Hi, i have the following question:

My customer has Okuma LB15 with OSP5000L control and he needs it to communicate with pc. He needs to download images from pc to the machine and vice versa. I want to ask if someone here can recommend me some software which could be useful just for this task, nothing more. And if it could be under linux, it would be most wellcome. Thank you.

why don't you just use the IGF software on the control itself? i use it quite a bit. once you get the hang of it it is a pretty efficient way of creating a program.

otherwise,

onecncXr2 or mastercam are pretty easy to use (but expensive). we (for some reason) use them both.
    On the other hand, You have different fingers.

Well, i never used that machine... I just take care of network in that company and this machine is not working right (at least the worker says so), so im looking for some solution. He uses computer only for downloading images into the machine. He uses alphaedit. And he says the comunication between comp and Okuma is slow and sometimes it doesnt work at all. I was playing with port settings, speed, bits etc. But nothing helped, so i wanted to try another program.

Hows that OneCNCXR2 software working out?
    We're looking for a replacement mainly to be used w/Okuma lathes.
    Just simple turning.

- Duke