585,589 active members*
2,971 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > CamWorks > Camworks - Spindle speed wont let me set above 12000rpm

Camworks - Spindle speed wont let me set above 12000rpm

Hello again

I'm always appreciative of the help you guys provide, I'm so glad I found this forum

During the week the engineer who built and setup the CNC has got the spindle controller card up and running, so now I have to go into CamWorks and edit the varied spindle speeds on models.

I've set the max spindle speed in the Tech Database to 24000rpm and as an example I set the cutting pieces max rpm to 18000, however in the feedspeed page of the operation parameters it keeps defaulting back to 12000rpm instead of what I set, the second I click off the box it changes back to 12000rpm.

Does anyone have an idea what I've missed here?

Thank you in advance.

Re: Camworks - Spindle speed wont let me set above 12000rpm

I've just solved the issue and will post in case anyone else happens on the same problem.

Even though I'd edited the machine in the Tech Database, it turns out I also had to go into the Camworks operation tree and reselect the machine, similar to after editing/compiling a post processor and having to reload it again, for the changes in the tech database to apply.

I've not had to do this before with other changes I've made in the tech database so it didn't cross my mind.

Cheers

Re: Camworks - Spindle speed wont let me set above 12000rpm

Lots of stuff in Camworks works this way. Another example is a tool crib. Just because you edit it in the tech database doesn't cause it to dynamically update in your CAM file. Probably best that way, since one needs to be able to override defaults in their CAM file without fear they'll be overwritten by changes in the tech database.