I have a JCUT chinese router that is about 1.5 years old. It has a DSP controller and I use Rhino Cam 1.0. I do not have a dust collection system so I have to manually clean and blow out the electronics from time to time. It is an 8'x4' table and has a 4.5kw water cooled spindle. Recently it did two things in the following order:
  • the power button would not stay engaged easily. when i pressed it down it usually "catches" and the machine is on. now it is not "catching" and bounces back up and into the off state when i release it. If i massage it a bit i can get it to stay on, somehow.
  • after getting it to stay on i was machining one piece and then another that both, in the middle of their programs, took a quick detour from their programs and ended up getting back to the orginal route but now in the wrong position and ruined the product.
  • i had had a little bit of a problem at one point before either of these situations came up (maybe a day earlier) where when i tried to move the machine in the y axis only one of the y axis motors engaged. after blowing it out and turning it on and off a few times it worked correctly again.

any ideas what might be going on? could this just be from dust?

thanks