585,758 active members*
4,608 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 11 of 14 910111213

Re: DIY AC Servo Drive - ATMega based

Quote Originally Posted by matt_wiersz View Post
    OK Mihai,

Step and Direction pins got swapped around while editing the Eagle file.
    I have broken your design into 2 parts: Logic and Power section. In the process those 2 input nets got mixed.
    Now everything works like charm. Great design. Thanks
    Glad to hear that!
    I think you are the first (except me) that made some working devices using this design...
    Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated... Also sharing your Schematics and PCB would be also nice... I think there might be some more interested in a splited desing (logic + power)
    Keep up the good work!

Mihai

Quote Originally Posted by mcm_xyz View Post
    Glad to hear that!
    I think you are the first (except me) that made some working devices using this design...
    Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated... Also sharing your Schematics and PCB would be also nice... I think there might be some more interested in a splited desing (logic + power)
    Keep up the good work!

Mihai
    Yes, I will share my mod once I tidy up the power section. Right now, I don't like the waveform on gates of High side MOSFETS coming out of IR2110 driver I used in my design. I simply had a leftover batch of them and wanted to use them up on this project along with cheap IRF3205's. It seems I still have to get the charge pump capacitor value correct. What is the PWM frequency, 39kHz?
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by matt_wiersz View Post
    Yes, I will share my mod once I tidy up the power section. Right now, I don't like the waveform on gates of High side MOSFETS coming out of IR2110 driver I used in my design. I simply had a leftover batch of them and wanted to use them up on this project along with cheap IRF3205's. It seems I still have to get the charge pump capacitor value correct. What is the PWM frequency, 39kHz?
    Matt
    Yes, pwm mode is set to exact PWM with prescaler = 1 so teoretical PWM frequency should be 20MHz / 510 =~ 39215 Hz

Mihai

I think a split design would be a great idea. Power separate from logic.
    Hopefully I will be able to try this out soon.
    Warning: DIY CNC may cause extreme hair loss due to you pulling your hair out.

Hello.

I have 3 servo motors. Danfoss ISD 410. Thet seem to be very robust and high torque and precision thus I want to use it in my milling Cnc machine project.
    But the obstacles I am facing now is to figure out how do I interface this motors to my computer so I can run it with mach3 software or any other equivalent.
    The motors have 4 data pins. They are can high can low can ground and can Vcc . Plus the power inputs, 300 VDC.
    Now I know can bus is a comunication protocol, but I am having trouble to figure out what kind of control board will communicate with my computer port and send the g code signal to the drivers the motors have the drives integrated in the housing so the pins are to the drive and connection from drive to the motors are internal..
    Any ideas to help me figure this out? The manufacturers docments states that the drives understand Iec 61113-3 standard.

Enviado de meu SM-G530H usando Tapatalk

Fernando123,

The servos you have are primarily used in conveyor / PLC systems.

https://www.facebook.com/vltdrives/p...55685774487453

Jeff...
    Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.

Thanks for the answer and for the help.

But help me to understand... Is it even viable (technically and financially ) to apply these motors in a 3 independent Interpolatimg axis ?
    I am going through some PlC material and I have seen people creating variables in C++ to interpret a g code and outputting the data in a different programming language.

One thing I also would like to know is if Can protocol are a standard way to package data or if a manufacturers can use his own standard so that his equipment can only communicate and function using theyr own other products..

I greatly appreciate all the help I can get on this..
    I will post pictures of my project and share all the new findings..

I hope it can help others with similar questions

I just saw the video.. Yes the VLC system is designed for the food and beverage industries. But the motion system are drive integrated, but it still a dc servo-motor with encoder box on the end of the shaft.
    So I believe there must be a way to connect this motors in a less expensive system to control the motors and give 3 independent axis..
    There is a software called twincat 3 and it is iec 61131-3 . It has a module in it for nc and cnc programing. But I am still trying to figure out how to use this software since I am new to computer sciences and PLC programming..

Quote Originally Posted by fernando123 View Post
    Hello.

I have 3 servo motors. Danfoss ISD 410. Thet seem to be very robust and high torque and precision thus I want to use it in my milling Cnc machine project.
    But the obstacles I am facing now is to figure out how do I interface this motors to my computer so I can run it with mach3 software or any other equivalent.
    The motors have 4 data pins. They are can high can low can ground and can Vcc . Plus the power inputs, 300 VDC.
    Now I know can bus is a comunication protocol, but I am having trouble to figure out what kind of control board will communicate with my computer port and send the g code signal to the drivers the motors have the drives integrated in the housing so the pins are to the drive and connection from drive to the motors are internal..
    Any ideas to help me figure this out? The manufacturers docments states that the drives understand Iec 61113-3 standard.

[IMG]Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1434776519463.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	56.7 KB 
ID:	284012[/IMG]

Well. I wonder if I happened to post this question in the wrong category of the forum.
    Either I am not welcome here, or the forum is dead. I have managed to have 2 answers to my post, and I really appreciate, but I though there would be more people feeling all right in regards to accept this question as a challenge to yoursel on helping someone to figure something out .
    Don't get me wrong, I am not here only to take, I am willing to add also.

Where in the forum should be the best place of category to post my CNC router machine?
    I would like to share my progress and take good suggestion from the more experienced machinists and engeneers.
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by fernando123 View Post
    Well. I wonder if I happened to post this question in the wrong category of the forum.
    Either I am not welcome here, or the forum is dead. I have managed to have 2 answers to my post, and I really appreciate, but I though there would be more people feeling all right in regards to accept this question as a challenge to yoursel on helping someone to figure something out .
    Don't get me wrong, I am not here only to take, I am willing to add also.

Where in the forum should be the best place of category to post my CNC router machine?
    I would like to share my progress and take good suggestion from the more experienced machinists and engeneers.
    Thank you

The majority of the DIY CNC's on this forum uses stepper and servo systems that are driven by external drivers that use step and direction inputs. This makes it easy for programs such as Mach3 or linuxCNC to interface and run. Your servo motors use a proprietary CANbus interface and motion control software that very few here understand or have first hand knowledge of. You will probably get more help from the manufacturer than anyone here.

General mechatronic Board i use can Do can Bus read the documentation maybe that fit ...

Gesendet von meinem SM-G800F mit Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jfong View Post
    The majority of the DIY CNC's on this forum uses stepper and servo systems that are driven by external drivers that use step and direction inputs. This makes it easy for programs such as Mach3 or linuxCNC to interface and run. Your servo motors use a proprietary CANbus interface and motion control software that very few here understand or have first hand knowledge of. You will probably get more help from the manufacturer than anyone here.
    I have tried to get more information from Danfoss, but so far have nt got any answer.
    All I have is a PDF that explains the system set up. It did help because was out of this document that I learned that these servo-drive communicates in a can bus and that it understands IEC 61113-3 language (PLC, Ladder... Etc)
    Well, since these are standardized programming languages, that makes me believe it is not a proprietary equipment in the sense it won't work with any other manufacturer controler or software.
    I have read many material about servo-drive systems and so far I haven't found anything to clear up my notion of controlling signals. As far as I understand up to this moment is that every servo control must be made by the very same signals. Step and direction. Or clock and pulse. Or basically a PWM..
    Now I think what I will have to do is to right some kind of g-code interpreter in C++, and and output some IEC 61113-3 into a can bus inverter and send to the drives.
    Either I do this, or I strip open the housing and I substitute the drives with an open source one..

[IMG]Attachment 284026[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Tkamsker View Post
    General mechatronic Board i use can Do can Bus read the documentation maybe that fit ...

Gesendet von meinem SM-G800F mit Tapatalk
    Thanks.. Is there any link to this board?

yes Home | General Mechatronics
    and i think you better start a thread in an better suited area to get more results

hello my friend My stepper motor is have bad sound before working what is wrong?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by zhiwarwadi View Post
    hello my friend My stepper motor is have bad sound before working what is wrong?

Stepper motors usually makes more noise when operating micro step.. Steppers operate at micro, half and full step.
    If the motors are in good condition this is the only thing I can think of up to this moment.

Tell me when the steppers usually makes this noise.. Is it constant? Or is it only at lower rpm.

Did you connect the pairs of wires on the right pins of the drive? You can verify correct pairs by shorting the wire, if the rotors gets harder to turn that means the wires shorted are pairs.. Verify if you did nt invert anything..

Well I hope this helps.

thanks for your help
    my stepper motor is make noise before operation

thanks for your help my friend

hello my friend
    I have a new problem
    the stepper motor stops on the move and make big noise but in software is normal

Page 11 of 14 910111213