584,830 active members*
5,897 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 13 of 14 311121314
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    Hello Mihai, from the near neighborhood
    I am in Bulgaria.
    Haven't been in a while on the zone ahd have missed this excellent thread. I've been thinking recently about using a DC brushed motor as a servo motor and I saw some comments from you how it can be done. I am working with Atmel uCU's for my different projects but my favorite environment is AVR Studio + WinAVR and writing the code in C. Once upon a time in the eighties and nineties of the past century Pascal was my favorite language but haven't used it for a very long time.
    Is there some new development with your project? I'd very much like to build one driver even if I have to buy a BLDC motor.
    Regards,
    Ivan
    Hello to you too! I hope that later in this autumn I will have time again for development. I will try to go for a Stm32 mcu maybe a bigger memory one, allowing us to run micro
    Net. I will try to.code in C# having this way a very flexible and modern language. Probably I will allow users to select between BLDc and Dc motors and I will also try to implement flux vector control. Until then, this project will remain as it is now, I will not further develop it

Best regards
    Mihai

Re: DIY AC Servo Drive - ATMega based

Hi there.

I made a new PCB design mostly built of surface mount components. It's not finished yet. It still neads some silkprint, labeling and optimisation. When I'm done I can give the files if there is interest! For testing purposes I made a lot of test points so the testing is easier.

For now I will give some insight in top and bottom layer!

Attachment 293374
    Top layer

Attachment 293376
    Bottom Layer

Quote Originally Posted by _ID_ View Post
    Hi there.

I made a new PCB design mostly built of surface mount components. It's not finished yet. It still neads some silkprint, labeling and optimisation. When I'm done I can give the files if there is interest! For testing purposes I made a lot of test points so the testing is easier.

For now I will give some insight in top and bottom layer!

Attachment 293374
    Top layer

Attachment 293376
    Bottom Layer
    Nice nice nice!

As I told before I am trying to migrate to an Arm mcu. I am currently doing test using a Stm32F4 discovery board. All features and more are present. I intend to make a design using a cheap F103 or F107 mcu. Language chosed is again mikropascal for arm.
    Anyway I really like your board. Looks neat and well designed in the power stage. But it's impossible to produce at home...

Keep up yhe good work!

Mihai

I've not intended to make PCB on my own. I will order them locally because I need 4 boards for my future CNC machine. I made few small changes to the PCB outlay, changed few components, made labels for connectors... The finished outlay is attached. If there is interest I will give the files! I will order PCBs by beginning of october. There will be 10 boards and I can send it out if someone is interested and of course mcm xyz_won't mind (it's his design- I just made new PCB layout). I will know the price when I'll get the boards!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails top.jpg   bottom.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by _ID_ View Post
    I've not intended to make PCB on my own. I will order them locally because I need 4 boards for my future CNC machine. I made few small changes to the PCB outlay, changed few components, made labels for connectors... The finished outlay is attached. If there is interest I will give the files! I will order PCBs by beginning of october. There will be 10 boards and I can send it out if someone is interested and of course mcm xyz_won't mind (it's his design- I just made new PCB layout). I will know the price when I'll get the boards!
    Hello again... I did not have time to check the PCB in detail. However if I might suggest... Make the paths for the power part thicker. You may never know what larger motors you will need to drive in future and the only things to change in the design are the MosFETS.
    Of course you can sell them if you have spares... please also note that you can also use ATMega1284 instead, it's same price and higher memory. This could allow you to run with higher PPR encoders.

Also please note that I am currently developing pretty much the same system using the cheap stm32f103c8. It's only in the stage of prototype for now, but that MCU promises a lot... way more powerful, enough flash and enough sram... and 32 bits...
    Also I intend to make it more configurable allowing it to run both BLDC and DC motors.

Keep up the good work.

Mihai

Thanks for suggestion Mihai! I thinked it over and decided, that I won't widen the tracks. Instead I removed the solder mask from tracks so that I can solder copper wire on the traces. With this I gain much more than with widening. Attached is the latest design. I'm still open to any suggestions

Attachment 293576

Attachment 293578

I'm very pleased for the future project that you are on. I really wish it will go by the plan! Keep up the good work!

Mitja.

Great Job Minhai
    http://free3dscans.blogspot.com/ http://my-woodcarving.blogspot.com/
    http://my-diysolarwind.blogspot.com/

@ mcm_xyz

thank you for project

Since you work with AVR just take a look

ALVIDI SHOP - AVR ATxmega Module Header Board > Model: AL-XSLED; ATxmega256A3U, quartz socket, RS232, JTAG, ISP, ... AVR ATxmega Development Module with ATxmega256A3U AL220

ATxmega256A3U with ADC ,DAC , encoder inputs big RAM and Flash ...cute

good luck

Hi there
    Just stumbled upon this thread, impressive work !!! Thanks Mihai for your great work !! It is now a must-build for me too!
    A first question to @Mihai: are you selling PCB's? Or is anybody else having some PCB's to sell here?
    Thank you

hallo, mihai..Thanks for your project

i was following your project for couple a weeks.. I have IAI actuator IS-SYM-8-60 with builtin 60 watt servo motor, 60volt and 768 ppm encoder, i built a copy prototype based on your schematic and it was success everything work like a charm, connect to PC with your servo tuner software, run setup change parameters work nicelly..

I try to attach the motor and encoder, the driver read encoder data result 768/turn but the motor run erraticlly cogging and the diver cant maintain position.

Hi mihai..
    i was studying your program and look the output 3 phase signal in oscilloscope, the output doesnt like sequence signal to run BLDC motor properly, your V1.5 firmware doesnt work at all...you are success to make me busy for a couple a week..thanks

Hi Minhai,

Firstly thank you for your dedication and generosity of sharing this.

How is the new project coming along?

I'm planning on making one of these firstly to see if I'm capable and if so I'll convert my 4Nm steppers to servo driven. Could I rewire my 4 wire or maybe it 8 I can't remember and run it as a dc motor and attach the encoder onto it? I would love to do this with a AC induction motor also. Is this possible or would it be very difficult with coding etc... I'm very beginner level of programming.

Thanks again
    Dave

Can you tell me what is setting of UART e.g 38400 or what?

please email me new firmware on [email protected]

Hi...i am a new user here. In my case i will stick to old chemical way for the next versions and maybe drill the holes on CNC.I am waiting for a bigger motor. The board will work with higher currents, it's just a problem of final stage Mosfets.

Plz send schematic daigram my email [email protected]

I think it does not work too, lower side and upper side switches at the same time.

Maybe Mikroelektronika use special .hex file format, see from 160. line:
    :1003A6000FB6BFB3B1FF02C00000FBCFF89432BC5A
    :1003B60021BCBFB3B160BFBB0FBE10B5012F0895FE
    :0003C60037
    :10097000B1EAB4BDB1E0B5BDB0E0B7BDB0E0B8BD5F
    :10098000B1EAB0938000B1E0B0938100B0E0B093E1
    162. line is invalid.

Hi anybody can help me for this i have a
    AC 3 phases servo motor Fanuc
    8 Poles
    2500 line encocoder
    91 Volt
    I want to know if i can run this motor with this driver?
    thank very much..

Hi Mihai am very interest with your project that you share, please i don't have a big experience with Mikropascal can you help me how to change the mcu 644p to 1284p to compile it, because i have a AC servo motor 3 phase 2500ppr 8 poles...
    Thank very much
    Stewart

Page 13 of 14 311121314