585,604 active members*
3,230 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Stepper Motors / Drives > unipolar motor microstepping
Page 23 of 25 132122232425
    Ediestel's new PCBs.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails M-K_Rev2.1d_PCBs.jpg  

Received boards

Just wanted everyone to know that I finally received the boards I ordered. The quality seems very good. Have yet to build one so I can't comment about the operability.

Got lots of neat postage stamps from Turkey as a bonus!!

Gary

Quote Originally Posted by ozan View Post
    Dear Friends,

Sorry for very late response to your comments & private messages. Shortly, i would like you to be sure about personal problems happened, about my family. Before, i'm very surprised about the packages that did not delivered yet, and it more sounds like the problem happened here, in local post office. And i promise to cover all the damages, losses and delay for your previous orders.

Just for previously orders which did not arrived yet, can please re-contact me via private messages with your name, address and quantities in order to send tomorrow morning. This time i will add photos of packages and send from another district-zone together with tracking information (this costs more than standart but i will cover them too). I will publish them in public if it does not matter for you.

Again, so sorry for much delay and problems.

Best Regards,
    Ozan

Quote Originally Posted by kreutz View Post
    Soon I will post schematics of a simple DIY Expansion card in order to make accessible (screw terminals) the following signals from the External Interface Port:

Inputs:
    pin10 --E-Stop (Active Low)
    pin11 ---limit/home
    pin12 ---limit/home
    pin13 ---limit/home
    pin15 ---limit/home

Input/output:
    Pin 14 ---any use (Tacho input for threading, limit switches, etc) or Auxiliary output.

Outputs: (for relay/SSR driving) Outputs are Enabled only if charge pump signal is received by the PC interface board.

pin16--(Spindle)
    pin17--(Coolant)

I also began to work on another optional Expansion board with two onboard 30A SPST power relays, Power supply sequencer, soft start and monitoring, 12 Volt safety interface relay, and limit/home switches screw terminals.

Here are the schematics:
    Attached Files Attached Files

About the future Mardus-Kreutz II Unipolar Micro-stepper stand alone drives (M-K II).

• Will be stand alone on only one board.
    • Will be based on a micro-controller and a CPLD (preferable on socket)
    • Will include ENABLE input and Fault Output.
    • Will still be rated 80V 8 Amps drive with modes: Full, half, 1/4, 1/8, 1/16, 1/5 and 1/10.
    • The PCB will be smaller in size.
    • Will be a DIY board with SMD components (size 0805 for easier handling).
    • Will also be optionally sold completely assembled.

The micro-controller and CPLD will be sold already programmed and really cheap, including the bare PCBs, target price to be determined yet.

Mardus Kreutz PCB - industrial quality

Hi all,

14 Mardus Kreutz PCB - industrial quality - are available at cost. I ordered 25 and this is what is left at this point.

A set of 3 PCB will be $ 50 including flat rate shipping. Payment with paypal.

ed
    http://cnclayman.blogspot.com
    http://oc1design.blogspot.com

FYI

The previously posted schematics have an error. Here are the corrected schematics.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Kreutz-4 (K-4) PC Interface with Mardus-Kreutz Unipolar Micro-Stepper Boards

Here is the video. Enjoy!!

Kreutz.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0BDdWLkL8M"]YouTube - Kreutz-4 PC Interface with Mardus-Kreutz Unipolar Micro-Stepper Boards[/ame]

hello Kreutz !

Great work this video show will all the system and the performance.
    what about if needed dual motors to x axis for heavy machine ?
    its need to dual motor driver ?
    have you dual motors Drivers ?

thanks
    aladin

Quote Originally Posted by aladin View Post
    hello Kreutz !

Great work this video show will all the system and the performance.
    what about if needed dual motors to x axis for heavy machine ?
    its need to dual motor driver ?
    have you dual motors Drivers ?

thanks
    aladin
    Hello Aladin;

The machine on the video is already a heavy machine, it is able to drive the y-z bridge with a 165 lb person standing on top, the x axis linear rails are mounted on independent granite blocks held by the frame which is made with heavy gauge 3 steel (including Y-Z bridge).

For heavier machines the 4th axis of the K-4 interface could be enslaved to any of the other axes in Mach3, if it is not being used.

I posted a multi dual axis interface schematics a while back, for those who have really heavy machines.

Regards,

Kreutz.

SLA or any one have low vol, low current. and not flexible to design

Quote Originally Posted by nhatson.elec View Post
    SLA or any one have low vol, low current. and not flexible to design
    ???????
    Can you, please, explain?

Kreutz.

About the future Mardus-Kreutz II Unipolar Micro-stepper stand alone drives (M-K II).

• Will be stand alone on only one board.
    • Will be based on a micro-controller and a CPLD (preferable on socket)
    • Will include ENABLE input and Fault Output.
    • Will still be rated 80V 8 Amps drive with modes: Full, half, 1/4, 1/8, 1/16, 1/5 and 1/10.
    • The PCB will be smaller in size.
    • Will be a DIY board with SMD components (size 0805 for easier handling).
    • Will also be optionally sold completely assembled.

The micro-controller and CPLD will be sold already programmed and really cheap, as well as the bare PCBs, target price to be determined yet.
    Forgot to say that it will have the same functionality as the K-4 power boards (except the decay control, which is not an option for unipolar drives), while keeping the power handling and ruggedness of the M-K boards.

???????
    Can you, please, explain?

Kreutz.

Sory about my english

About SLA chip like SLA7026, A3977 , it run at low voltgle, Don't have auto reduce current and more .

Step driver use MCU or FPGA is flexible desgin

Sory about my english

About SLA chip like SLA7026, A3977 , it run at low voltgle, Don't have auto reduce current and more .

Step driver use MCU or FPGA is flexible desgin
    No problem, we understand each other pretty well (English is not my mother's language either). There is a thread about them in the CNCzone, they are not only inflexible, but also have some limitations. Some of the cheap solutions around are based on those chips. My idea was to develop a better quality solution with customization and upgrading in mind.

Best regards,

Kreutz.

To kreutz

I was saw MK unipolar microstep and K4 board, It is great for hobby use.

Best Regards

Wink Attempt of Maicrostepping.

hi.
    The following image is a connection of two aspect Yuniporrasteppingmortarmaicrostepping to
    LED.
    It tries to build the fixed current circuit into following.
    It was named Raundorimittoscear.

[ame="http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=je0JzjjlIvM"]YouTube - P1010011[/ame]

Quote Originally Posted by mugabe View Post
    Some patents regarding mid-frequency resonance suppression:

5264770 Stepper motor driver circuit
    4675590 Stepping motor driven with mid-frequency stability control
    4319175 Stabilized stepping motor system

thanks mugabe, this is great info

"Mardus-Kreutz" Project, will be Four Months old!!

Next February 10th our "Mardus_Kreutz" project will officially be 4 months old. Not bad for a baby, it is already walking and running. I am in favor of extended tests, since in the last four months we actually didn't dedicate more than 40 total hours to it. My job is taking too much time away from this project.

What is next?

-Design a completely integrated Translator-Power board PCB (SMD).
    -Maybe also add "Midband-Resonance-Compensation"

We are working on those two improvements.

Many thanks to all who helped and all the information Mariss has provided.

Special thanks to Mardus (who originated this thread), Mariss, Pastera, Groov (who has been working on the prototypes too), Wojtek, Mugabe, Pminmo (for his website with a ton of information and schematics), Nasr1 (for his cooperation with the Translator's PCB), and all of you who regularly participate on this thread.
    I found some info about mid band Resonance

Anti-Resonance: All stepper motor systems are subject to mid-frequency resonance that is the result of motor generated back-EMF. Drivers equipped with the Anti-Resonance feature will modify the motors current waveforms to compensate for the back-EMF, resulting in a smoother operation at resonant speeds.

Back EMF: The voltage produced across a winding due to its interaction with the rotating magnetic field generated by the motion of the rotor. Back EMF is proportional to the velocity of the rotor and in opposition to the voltage applied to the winding by the motor drive.

Srouce
    http://www.amci.com/tutorials/tutori...sary-terms.asp

I hope it help you make Anti Resonance Mid band

Best Regards

I found some info about mid band Resonance

Anti-Resonance: All stepper motor systems are subject to mid-frequency resonance that is the result of motor generated back-EMF. Drivers equipped with the Anti-Resonance feature will modify the motors current waveforms to compensate for the back-EMF, resulting in a smoother operation at resonant speeds.

Back EMF: The voltage produced across a winding due to its interaction with the rotating magnetic field generated by the motion of the rotor. Back EMF is proportional to the velocity of the rotor and in opposition to the voltage applied to the winding by the motor drive.

Srouce
    http://www.amci.com/tutorials/tutori...sary-terms.asp

I hope it help you make Anti Resonance Mid band

Best Regards
    Thank you, but that definition is a little limited, midband resonances are not always triggered by the BEFM, there are many mechanical factors involved too. Although general, the solution is applicable, and works. But its implementation with minimum cost is the key.

Thanks Kreutz info. High quality stepper driver need 32bit MCU, or DSP . Use FOC like PMSM control

I have alpha step of vexta ( close loop control) it run very smooth. It use HD643704 ( Hitachi MCU 32bit)

Page 23 of 25 132122232425