585,741 active members*
5,283 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Stepper Motors / Drives > unipolar motor microstepping
Page 25 of 25 15232425
    Good luck

What about your SMD PnP machine?

UPDATED B.O.M.

This is the Bill of Materials with updated prices and part numbers.

Best regards,

Kreutz.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by atlab View Post
    What about your SMD PnP machine?
    The P&P machine is working fine, just waiting for my next design prototype..., I never had the time to manufacture some of the adapters for the feeders , so those parts are still being manually placed.

Best regards,

Kreutz.

Good Morning everyone.
    This is padmanabhan.k a new member saying Hello to the CNC.zone for the first time.we are in need of a Stepper motor controller bi-polar with a Motor capacity of 4A at a motor terminal voltage of 4.2v.request kindly provide me a circuit and guidance,and a suitable controller to control the motor in full /half/microstep preferably with a PICmcu.
    regards
    padmanabhan.k

Quote Originally Posted by padmanabhan.k View Post
    Good Morning everyone.
    This is padmanabhan.k a new member saying Hello to the CNC.zone for the first time.we are in need of a Stepper motor controller bi-polar with a Motor capacity of 4A at a motor terminal voltage of 4.2v.request kindly provide me a circuit and guidance,and a suitable controller to control the motor in full /half/microstep preferably with a PICmcu.
    regards
    padmanabhan.k
    Hello;

Welcome to the forum. The best solution is one of the Gecko drives. There is no open DIY solution that I know.

Best regards,

Kreutz.

Quote Originally Posted by kreutz View Post
    Hello;

Welcome to the forum. The best solution is one of the Gecko drives. There is no open DIY solution that I know.

Best regards,

Kreutz.
    Thankyou Mr.Kreutz,for the reply.I still require a stepper drive ckt for a 2A /4v bipolar drive and a controller sch with a PIC mcu.DIY only please.
    regards
    padmanabhan.k

TRANSLATOR'S SOURCE CODE for Atmel AVR ATtiny2313 Rev01i

Here is the code in a pdf file. As stated before, anyone interested can PM me for a bin, hex or BAS file, (please, provide an e-mail address to send you the files.) On the file you will find information about what changed since the last revision, and a brief revision history.
    HI

Quote Originally Posted by khurram View Post
    HI I NEED CODE IN HEX,CAN U MAIL ME AT [email protected]
    TRANSLATOR'S SOURCE CODE for Atmel AVR ATtiny2313 Rev01i

Here is the code in a pdf file. As stated before, anyone interested can PM me for a bin, hex or BAS file, (please, provide an e-mail address to send you the files.) On the file you will find information about what changed since the last revision, and a brief revision history.
    Hi,

I would like the current release in HEX and BAS if possible.

Gary

Hello;

I just e-mailed you (both of you) the files. Please, remove your e-mail addresses from your posts in order to protect your privacy. Enjoy!!

Best regards,

Kreutz.

Good den Distinguished Participants forum, I have heard many good things about it, I'm trying to build your machine right now to collect informatsyyu mi see you rozrabotali класный controller with microstepping rezhymom, if you can send me the latest relevant napochtu proshyvki and shem.Mne very tezheloponyat izmineniya all of which were carried out in the scheme and proshyvke of why I ask you to date and working on looking for is a schema for tests and the results eksperementov sudovolstviem I will share with attendees' data!

Hello;

Welcome to the forum.

I want to build my 4 axis cnc machine and I have collected some information about it for some days.

One of the big problem is the motor driver. I don't want to buy these motor drivers and I want to build them. I haven't bought motors, yet.

I want to buy Nema 34 motor with minimum 3Nm, yet, after that I will buy motors with minimum 6-7Nm. So, I need a bipolar stepper driver capable of 6-7A per phase, selectable micro-step rate and use low cost components.
    What do you recommend me, because I don't lose time reinventing the wheel?

Thank you! I hope that you understand my pure English.
    Dan.

Hello all;

Seeing that International Rectifier divested IRL640 I think it would be necessary to revisit the issue and hopefully find easily available replacement. Although I through this thread end to end I could find any mention of a direct substitutes for IRL640.

Any how my main point is (and seeing that I don't have any knowledge of electronics except soldering please excuse me it this sounds too stupid) would IRF640 be a suitable replacement.
    I made an item by item comparison between two datasheets and only two significant difference I could spot were:
    1) Gate Threshold Voltage: IRF 2(min) - 4(max) vs. IRL 1(min) - 2(max)
    2) Reverse Recovery time of IRF is %30 higher 610 ns vs. 470 ns.

All other specs had some variation but were very similar.

Quote Originally Posted by berberkenan View Post
    Hello all;

Seeing that International Rectifier divested IRL640 I think it would be necessary to revisit the issue and hopefully find easily available replacement. Although I through this thread end to end I could find any mention of a direct substitutes for IRL640.

Any how my main point is (and seeing that I don't have any knowledge of electronics except soldering please excuse me it this sounds too stupid) would IRF640 be a suitable replacement.
    I made an item by item comparison between two datasheets and only two significant difference I could spot were:
    1) Gate Threshold Voltage: IRF 2(min) - 4(max) vs. IRL 1(min) - 2(max)
    2) Reverse Recovery time of IRF is %30 higher 610 ns vs. 470 ns.

All other specs had some variation but were very similar.
    I am sorry, the IRL640 is not replaceable by the IRF640 in this design, the gate drive circuit has been specifically designed to drive "logic level" MOSFETS, hence the "L" in the part number. The current circuit's gate drive voltage (approx: 9Volts) will not drive the IRF640 fast enough without modification.

There are plenty of IRL640 still available at Digikey Please, click on the link.

Best regards,

Kreutz

Replacements questions

Hi Kreutz:

Congratulations an this amazing desing, this is by far the best diy unipolar driver on the net!

After spendig lots of time studing it, and searching for available parts here in Argentina, I get to the following possible replacements:

For the comparator:
    MCP6002, 1mhz, rail to rail in/outs, VSS – 1.0V to VDD + 1.0V inputs,dual
    MCP607,155khz,rail to rail in, VSS – 1.0V to VDD + 1.0V inputs,dual
    MCP604,2.8mhz,rail to rail in, VSS – 1.0V to VDD + 1.0V inputs,dual

For the mosfet drivers:
    there is no low side drivers available, there are nice drivers like the ir2104, ir2110,tc4469 but I still dont figure how to adapt thoses.
    Is the attached circuit viable? I think I'll put an And gate before to emulate the enable signal.

Thanks in advance
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails mosfet driver.jpg  

hex file

can you send me the latest version of the .hex file?
    thanks.

Page 25 of 25 15232425