585,735 active members*
4,674 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Bridgeport Machines > Bridgeport / Romi Lathes > EZ PATH S: STRANGE MACHINE LIMIT PROBLEM (what is the mystery "9")

EZ PATH S: STRANGE MACHINE LIMIT PROBLEM (what is the mystery "9")

Yesterday I was running my lathe. I had tool #1 zeroed for a part, did some basic turning, everything fine. Today I turned on the machine it homed fine. When I brought tool #1 to the part (which was about 2.6" diameter and sticking out of the chuck about 2") the readout was telling me diameter -22" and Z something like -34". I figured the machine simply glitched and lost its tool location in comparison to the UCS location. Never happened before but just reset the tools, no big deal right? So I set tool 1 back to where it should be to read accurately using the offsets. Then I noticed this strange extra number "9" on the readout next to the machines limits for the far right Z location. (see photo). I dial the diameter all the way to the limit stop, sure enough it stops right where it said it should, in this case +12.2334. I jog the machine to the right and carefully approach by hand to where it should stop, in this case +32.4789 but then I could actually pass that point which I should no be able to do. I probably went about +.005 but I don't know how far I can go without damaging anything so I stopped. I dialed over again only +.0004 this time for the picture. I shut the machine down, waited a few minutes and restarted, tool remembered its location but I can still dial farther to the right than where the limit stop says I should be able to. So what would make this machine still home to the correct location but the z stop not work? I am afraid that I can now dial to the point where I can damage something. I can just be careful to never go that far right but would really like to know what is going on and what the strange extra digit "9" is doing there. Any EZ PATH person out there who has any info? Thanks
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EZPATH-S.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	166.4 KB 
ID:	261476

Re: EZ PATH S: STRANGE MACHINE LIMIT PROBLEM (what is the mystery "9")

wow that is strange! Did you check your parameters in the maint page to see if your stops are configured correctly? I have a powerpath 15 and im guessing the control is similar. If its build like my powerpath it will have a rubber bumper on the trust bearing block. if you jog into it slow it will just overload the machine and the drive will throw an error to shut it down. This still needs to be fixed though.