Hi,

I have a P1 serial number 2207, 1069-B, date code 351. I get the runtime error 216 at 00EF:2881 every time I use the machine, usually a hour after start up. It doesn't matter if I cutting chip or idling with the servos off. I also had at times a "unhandled exception 000E at 020730F4 Errorcode 0004", "unhandled exception 000E at 03270ED5 Errorcode 0004", or "unhandled exception 000E at 04372677 Errorcode 0004". But the runtime error 216 seems to be the most frequent one. I replaced the power supply and reloaded the parameters with no change. I called Milltronics and they said it was a memory problem and that I could try to replace the 32MB CF card on the mother board. When I was on the phone with them I asked if I had to have the CF card "programmed" before installing it and they said "no". I ordered a new 32MB CF card from ebay and when I put it in the control it wouldn't load anything, was stuck at "non-system disk or disk error replace and press any key when done", I am guessing we weren't on the same page or the card is bad. So if someone could please help me figure out how to install the new memory card or give me any other insight it would be much appreciated.

Dave