584,874 active members*
5,329 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Haas Machines > Haas Mills > Air Consumption on older Haas?
Page 5 of 5 345
    Thanks! I was worried I was gonna be chasing some switch all day but after hosing it down with a bottle of wd40 I'm back in business!

Re: Air Consumption on older Haas?

Personally I use a pry bar between the spindle and the tool. Don't like hitting anything and with my luck I'd hit the tool and break it!

Mike

P.S.: I also pry the tool slightly without hitting the release button, then you just hold the tool and take it out! Even though the tool is being held, it is not that difficult to overcome the washers with a nice pry-bar.
    Two Haas VF-2's, Haas HA5C, Haas HRT-9, Hardinge CHNC 1, Bother HS-300 Wire EDM, BobCAD V23, BobCAD V28

Here's a couple oddball questions about using the leadscrew tables:
    Do I have to provide a value for every .5" increment, or can it automatically interpolate between them? That's a minimum of 80+40+48 measurements for my VF-3, not to mention I would want to do it few times to catch any fliers. Also there would have to be some (hopefully inconsequential) amount of backlash in the first move from the end of each axis, any ideas on how to account for that? Has anyone actually even used this? I have mapped out my entire machine on a 2" grid and I would like to give this a shot.
    Attachment 297974
    X looks good aside from about .001" backlash, I'm mostly concerned about the .005" of undertravel in Y and the .002" in Z (not pictured).

I have a problem with my 1994 Haas VF0, please tell me this machine have always on air spindle lubrication even when emergency stop button is on ? When i turn off machine it stops blowing
    the spindle, but if i turn it on it starts cooling spindle all the time, this is normal ? My air compressor turn on all the time.through

I'm fix it ;-) i change transistor in main board,

Back to work ;-D
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ndj31nk.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by MarioMAX View Post
    I'm fix it ;-) i change transistor in main board,

Back to work ;-D
    Hi Mario and everyone else on this air issue thread.

Can you let me know which transistor you changes? or how to test it.

I just bought a HAAS VF-1 1994 model, i am having trouble with tool change, and my air compressor stays on and cant keep up. which at full pressure it does tool change but soon as spindle turn on to rotate for tool change pressure drops and it fails tool change as it cant push the draw bar full down. after few try checking everything cant seem to find the issue.

I pulled the TRP piston assembly and the seals are good, as I have a gear box on top but mange to pulled the draw bar up its all greased up and the bevelled washers look ok, as I was hoping there were damage but it seems i will have to keep on digging.

also noticed my lube pump is not working as it should, so I will have to buy a repair kit.

before I spend any money on it I would like to have this air issue fixed.

any help will be much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Munzi-cnc View Post
    Hi Mario and everyone else on this air issue thread.

Can you let me know which transistor you changes? or how to test it.

I just bought a HAAS VF-1 1994 model, i am having trouble with tool change, and my air compressor stays on and cant keep up. which at full pressure it does tool change but soon as spindle turn on to rotate for tool change pressure drops and it fails tool change as it cant push the draw bar full down. after few try checking everything cant seem to find the issue.

I pulled the TRP piston assembly and the seals are good, as I have a gear box on top but mange to pulled the draw bar up its all greased up and the bevelled washers look ok, as I was hoping there were damage but it seems i will have to keep on digging.

also noticed my lube pump is not working as it should, so I will have to buy a repair kit.

before I spend any money on it I would like to have this air issue fixed.

any help will be much appreciated.

Hey i change the last one tranzistor in mainboard. But I think your air compressor is too slow, please write us what you have. I have the same problem, but I fix it, by add Small 20l air tank after the pressure reducer.

HI Mario,
    Thank you for the reply,

Been busy with other project taught add my solution so it may help others. Yes you where right in pointing out my air compressor was not big enough and i have added a 100 litre tank and it has solved the tool change issue.

I will be starting a new post for retrofit as after making few parts started to have issue with drive errors.

Quote Originally Posted by Munzi-cnc View Post
    HI Mario,
    Thank you for the reply,

Been busy with other project taught add my solution so it may help others. Yes you where right in pointing out my air compressor was not big enough and i have added a 100 litre tank and it has solved the tool change issue.

I will be starting a new post for retrofit as after making few parts started to have issue with drive errors.

Hi, i've got a question, maybe do you have renco encoder for dc servo motor ? Mine is dead :-(

Hello MarioMax if you have an issue with encoder or drive, there is a company in Chicago (Mudro Systems inc) they can help. Send them email with your issues.

Page 5 of 5 345