585,759 active members*
3,902 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

THB6064AH JP-6445A driver

Hello all,

Looking into buying this stepper drivers, THB6064AH JP-6445A has anyone bought them?
    current ones are weak HY-DIV168N-3.5A

Thanks

Re: THB6064AH JP-6445A driver

Hi,
    I don't know this board and have no affiliations with companies or sellers but commenting as an electronic enthusiast.
    Do notice there are two variations of this board. One has additional components in the motor outputs in the form of 2 white ceramic
    power resistors at zero ohm for driver ic protection and an inductor at the 5 volt power input for better noise suppression to the
    sensitive control circuits.

The board is professionally laid out and the current setting and sense resistors are at the bottom layer so users not likely to touch and short them out. It has dip switches to select fine steping modes and current decay ( DCY ). It also has 24 volt input glass fuse and 6 ampere diode
    for reverse current protection. More importantly the control signals from PC parallel port are isolated by opto couplers from the high power
    motor power supply to protect PC. Of course you can mod the other board to have these extras like fuse, resistors and inductor.

Lastly there is current setting adjusting potentiometer and the sliding switch silkscreen say " half or full flow" which is linked to current adjust but I don't really know for sure what it means. Does it mean if half or full select will mean whatever adjustment from blue pot it will reflect accordingly? If I were to choose I'll certainly choose the one with additional components. Forgot to mention red led for power on and green led for driver ic activity?

Also notice the screws use triangle bits so make it harder for curious
    people to open up but not difficult to buy triangle screw drivers.

Sorry the inductor L1 could be for 24volt line.
    Attachment 262686
    Attachment 262688
    Attachment 262684

I would recommend purchasing a product from a supplier who can actually answer your questions.
    James hosts the single best wiki page about steppers for CNC hobbyists on the net:
    http://www.piclist.com/techref/io/steppers.htm Disagree? Tell him what's missing! ,o)

Quote Originally Posted by James Newton View Post
    I would recommend purchasing a product from a supplier who can actually answer your questions.
    does your 6064: 4AMP Stepper Motor Driver Kit already come with all the parts solder?

Quote Originally Posted by Wesk18 View Post
    does your 6064: 4AMP Stepper Motor Driver Kit already come with all the parts solder?
    No, it is a kit, and must be soldered. It isn't terribly difficult, and the build process is WELL documented. But if you haven't soldered before, you should learn to do that with a MakerBadge or some other easy to solder kit first.
    James hosts the single best wiki page about steppers for CNC hobbyists on the net:
    http://www.piclist.com/techref/io/steppers.htm Disagree? Tell him what's missing! ,o)

Hi,

sorry for negroposting but if anyone stumbles here like me looking for this "half/full flow" switch looking or other documentation:
    The little 2-switch in the right upper corner is connected to Pin 25 (DOWN, clk freq. monitor pin) and the pin is biased to 0V for <2Hz step input.
    In short, this switch should set the "idle current" for the motor to either full or half current to save some power.

So far, I bought 4 pcs of these chinese boards from three different Aliexpress suppliers and did not receive a fake version so far (or at least it is performing as great as I expected).
    No advertisment but I bought from these Ali-guys here: "My Way Life Store", "Cool Living Online Store", "High-quality Fabrication Store".
    I select my shops normally by their rating >97% and >1year in the market for more important components.

The board delivers solid performance to my little hobbiest cbeam cnc.