585,667 active members*
4,091 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

VDF Drive Inverters

I have recently returned a damaged 3hp VDF drive inverter made by Huanyang because it blew the fuse's in both the plug and fuse board when ever I turned it on, this might of been caused by water damage that happened when it was left outside in the rain when it was delivered. I was going to get a replacement but the company are going to refund my money so I'm looking at different VDF inverters that are available from UK distributors. Looking on Ebay I have found 2 different inverters sold by the same company but possibly different manufacturers. The first is the Optidrive 2.2kw 3hp single phase inverter, on the other I can't see a manufacturers name but it is on the following link 2.2kw 3 HP Single Phase In 240v Three Phase Out Motor Inverter AC Drive NEW | eBay
    Has anyone got one of these Inverters and if so would you recommend either of them to control my 3hp spindle for my CNC router. Any other VDF inverter recommendations would be appreciated as well as details of retailers in the UK.

Re: VDF Drive Inverters

I can't help you with what is available in Britain. However the larger name brand drives are for the most part pretty reliable. As such I'd consider ease of use to be a big priority.

As for drives I've used or worked with at one time or another here is a partial list:
    1. Automation Direct
    2. Teco
    3. Telemecanique
    4. Danfoss

The Automation Direct have been surprising reliable running in a hot panel.

As far as your E-Bay dealer go, I'd have a very hard time dealing with somebody that doesn't even present the manufactures name along with the rest of the devices description. Thus I wouldn't even bother with the E-Bay "deals". If your local Automation / electrical supply house doesn't have decent hardware at a good price you might look for credible on line dealers in the EU. Otherwise you might spcheck to see if Automation Direct ships international.

In the end it is probably more I mportant that a drive has the features you need than to be any one specific brand.