584,837 active members*
4,975 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

New To CNC in Central Texas

I am running Mach3 and Windows 7 64 bit and have a UC100 in my parallel port. How do I get an address to plug in to Mach3 for a USB? After 2 years I still have not seen any movement, I am at the end of my rope... If there is any one in Texas who can get my machine up and running I can bring it to you and pay you for your time. Every time I think I have the answer it doesn't seem to work...Thanks, Tony.

Re: New To CNC in Central Texas

KJK2002, Thanks but I have been through that a number of times even uninstalling and reinstalling the software. My lights all come on as they should so I am still at a loss to why there is no motion.

You mention "how do I get an address" in your original post.

If the software is installed correctly, when Mach3 runs it will ask you which motion controller you want. Do you get that far?

Yes it does and I select the UC100. The port and pins is addressed to the non existing parallel port though and I think that is where the break in connection may lie. The problem is I can not seem to get an address for a USB port??

The UC100 output looks like a parallel port. According to the manual the port number is always 1 and the pins are addressed just as you would if you were running from a regular parallel port.

I was under the impression that Mach 3 does not support Windows 7 64 bit. I had to down grade to 32 bit to make mine work. Some compatibility issues with Mach 3 and the parallel port when running 64 bit Windows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Normally that would be the case but from what I have read and understand the UC100 is supposed to overcome that. Since I have yet to make it work though you may have a valid point...

dubble Guest

Hi,

No need to set the address in the ports and pins, the UC100 plugin just ignores that settings because the USB port has no address like that, you can write anything to the address field and the UC100 should work.
    If you have both the green and the blue LEDs on after loading Mach3 that sure means that your UC100 device is up and running, because the blue LED is only on when the communication o nthe USB port is active and working without errors.
    This means that you must have some uncorrect settings in mach3 and your stepper or servo drives does not get the signals from the uc100, check the axis settings in the ports and pins is my best idea to check...

dubble Guest

With the UC100 Mach3 works under Win7 x64, also it works under Win8 and 8.1 x64. Only the LPT port driver of Mach3 is what is not working under x64 OP systems, but the UC100 does not need the LPT port driver to be installed.