584,812 active members*
5,304 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Benchtop Machines > Not Just Another G0704 Build (not in a good way) YOUTUBE VIDEOS INSIDE
Page 2 of 4 1234

Re: Not Just Another G0704 Build (not in a good way) YOUTUBE VIDEOS INSIDE

Thanks Hoss, did not think of grizzly, that would be ideal. I do have rust-oleum on hand though, so I will probably do that then. I'll save the dollars for the heavy duty digital kit.

Sorry, no update this week. I had to do work this weekend. Anxious to update soon. Thanks for all the input guys.

Ha, you got more done than me, just been playing tag with the mailman to get my other lower to machine delivered.
    Hoss
    http://www.hossmachine.info - Gosh, you've... really got some nice toys here. - Roy Batty -- http://www.g0704.com - http://www.bf20.com - http://www.g0602.com

Quote Originally Posted by hoss2006 View Post
    Ha, you got more done than me, just been playing tag with the mailman to get my other lower to machine delivered.
    Hoss
    Thats good to hear. You might swing by Shadow Ops Weaponry sometime. Pretty good stuff. I have spent a penny or 2 there myself.

This week I will order the electronics. I spent the weekend selling my cnc x2. Now I have the funds. But now need to get mach 3 and a computer : (

What do you guys think of mach 4? Think I should get that over mach3? I not good with mach3 yet so I was thinking I might as well get the latest but fear lack of support due to it being new.

UPDATE: I purchased this so far.

Thank you for purchasing with Automation Technology Inc, any items to be shipped will be processed as soon as possible, any items that can be downloaded can be downloaded using the links on this page.All prices include tax and postage and packaging where applicable.
    You ordered these items:

- 1 3-Axis DSP Based Digital Stepper Driver Max 60 VDC / 6.0A, MX3660 $264.95

- 2 NEMA23 570oz/in 5A 3/8” Dual Shaft Stepper Motor (KL23H2100-50-4B) $91.90

- 1 NEMA34 Stepper Motor – 906 oz in 6.1A Single Shaft (KL34H295-43-8A) $89.00

- 1 Unregulated Linear 625W/48VDC/13A Toroidal PSU (KL-4813) $139.00

- 1 Cable Drag Chain Wire Carrier (C: Cable drag chain wire carrier 10*20mm R28 1000mm (40") $11.40) $11.40

- 1 E-stop Switch $9.95

- 20 4 conductor 18GA Shielded Motor wires $19.00

- 8 Motor cable connector $31.92

- 1 6 feet Mach3 Parallel Cable DB25M to DB25M $8.95

- 1 110 VAC Box Fan $11.95

Getting closer!

Nice progress. From the posts I've read on Boss's thread, mach4 isn't finished or still has some kinks to be worked out. Mach3 should be fine for a while longer and it's cheaper too.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Alax7 View Post
    Nice progress. From the posts I've read on Boss's thread, mach4 isn't finished or still has some kinks to be worked out. Mach3 should be fine for a while longer and it's cheaper too.

Btw, Mach 3 isnt finished yet either. Or any software for that matter. I am sure you meant Hoss, but he is the Boss ;-)
    A lazy man does it twice.

Yeah, software can always be upgrade huh. Oh and yeah I meant hoss, auto correct on my phone strikes again. Well what I meant was more on the lines of mach4 is not where mach3 is at and it is still under development to catch up to it so mach3 would probably be your best choice right now. Not sure exactly what all is missing, hoss has some good info in his thread

Thanks guys,

I finally figured out that my DRO on my bridgeport was off by .015'' every inch of travel. It was a dumb error on my part when setting the resolution. This should help me make the parts a bit faster from now forward.

Anybody tried these noga holders? I am thinking of buying 1 or 2. I am bidding on a few on ebay. But they are about the same on there used as a new one.

NOGA Dial Gage Holder Magnetic Base - Model: DG61003 AUTO POWER: On/off mag.base HOLDING POWER: 176 Ibs Regular Duty: Tools Products: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific

I have this one from Shars.
    It's a mini, so pretty small, but so is my little indicator. I have the older style for my bigger indicators and had planned on getting this type for it too. They work great. Much easier than the older rod style.

SHARS 3D Mini Universal Magnetic Base Holder for Dial Test Indicator New | eBay
    Lee

Quote Originally Posted by deuce217 View Post
    Thanks for your purchase. If you have any question, pls contact us at [email protected]

if the DB25 cable pin is bent, it does not working, let us know, we will send you a new one

Here is the specification for the 8 wires motor. You can wire as bipolar parallel

NEMA34 Stepper Motor ? 906 oz in 6.1A Single Shaft (KL34H295-43-8A) | Automation Technology Inc
    http://www.automationtechnologiesinc...H295-43-8A.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by LeeWay View Post
    I have this one from Shars.
    It's a mini, so pretty small, but so is my little indicator. I have the older style for my bigger indicators and had planned on getting this type for it too. They work great. Much easier than the older rod style.

SHARS 3D Mini Universal Magnetic Base Holder for Dial Test Indicator New | eBay
    I think I have one similar to the shars. I am looking forward to the Noga. I bought 1 tonight. I will do a review when I get it.

Automation tech. Thanks for the quick reply to my email on the cable chain. I think the pins will straighten right out. Take care and thanks for the concern for your products quality. I will wire as you suggest.

Quote Originally Posted by automationtechinc View Post
    Thanks for your purchase. If you have any question, pls contact us at [email protected]

if the DB25 cable pin is bent, it does not working, let us know, we will send you a new one

Here is the specification for the 8 wires motor. You can wire as bipolar parallel

NEMA34 Stepper Motor ? 906 oz in 6.1A Single Shaft (KL34H295-43-8A) | Automation Technology Inc
    http://www.automationtechnologiesinc...H295-43-8A.pdf

UPDATE VIDEO: MACHINING THE HEAD SPACER FINALLY DOING THE BOLT HOLES using my cheap ebay DRO (SINPO)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWQ2auEiTFs

Guys,

Here is tonights operation. I completed the double bearing block for the Y axis. This was a fun one to do. I had issues with some chatter when do the boring ops, but got it minimized with a different (ironically cheaper boring head). Thanks for watching/ reading. I really enjoy this forum. I dont write much on people's threads because I am following the old "two ears and one mouth rule".
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqiOjyKm5xc

How to change into back gear on a bridgeport for beginners.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiCSKQHzxmw

Update: This part took me like 8 hours!!! I am a bit slow.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MXdpQrNLvw

Hoss,

I am on a roll so far. I have until Monday night to finish the mill. Tuesday a guy is supposed to get that bridgeport from me. I am trying to complete most of the necessary parts by then and then use the G0704 to do the draw bar, belt drive, and other things that are secondary to basic machine operation.

Has anybody tried to get wifi signal to their shop to run a desktop computer? My laptops and cell phone get great signal but my desktop does not. I bought some wifi extender from amazon for about 50.00 but I cant seem to get it working. Any advise would be great, I am not very savvy with most electronic type subjects.

Congrats on the part. 8 hours for a successful part? Wait til you get the machine CNC'd! It might take a whole lot longer to draw, fixture and machine the same part ;-)
    A lazy man does it twice.

Quote Originally Posted by Fastest1 View Post
    Congrats on the part. 8 hours for a successful part? Wait til you get the machine CNC'd! It might take a whole lot longer to draw, fixture and machine the same part ;-)
    Thats why I am in such a rush to complete as much a possible before the manual machine leaves. I am slow on a manual, crawling when on cnc, and have zero CAD or CAM skills.

But if push comes to shove I will be buying a 45 type mill shortly thereafter. Will the zx45's hog through aluminum pretty well?

Page 2 of 4 1234