585,581 active members*
3,907 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Dolphin CAD/CAM > Help, trying to delete Post processors in dolphin cam, They keep showing up after del

Help, trying to delete Post processors in dolphin cam, They keep showing up after del

Thanks, I have ultimate, V-10, and the dongle, and Mach 3. I don't have to go over clamps much but when I do I don't like to do it manually.
    I'm Cleaning out my machine and figured I would email dolphin cam for the latest pp's, that they know work, mine were old and I don't think z retracted over clamps ever any way.Save and delete my old ones, and reload the new and see what happens.
    However, I have show hidden files and folders clicked, I have deleted and copied every thing I found that starts with M_Mach3,
    But I can still go to the cam program and they still show up and post.
    I emailed dolphin cam, and am waiting,but would rather not bother them at this point. Once I reload the new pp's, and maybe the old ones, if I am still having problems Ill contact them then.
    What I would really like to do is simply find out from someone where those files are kept, how to delete them, reload the updated post from there web site, maybe the old ones too, and every thing should be fine. Thanks,Dan

Re: Help, trying to delete Post processors in dolphin cam, They keep showing up after

Hello,

This depends very much on what operating system you are using, and, where the posts are stored

XP uses the My documents folder, Vista, win 7 /8 uses the Program Data folder.

Also, you need to check where Dcam is looking for the posts - if you looking in your local folder, then adding new posts the the above folders wont' show them to you.

Can you check where the posts are actually loaded from - when you post process look at the folder being used.

ATB
    Andre

Re: Help, trying to delete Post processors in dolphin cam, They keep showing up after

Thanks Andre for responding to my Question. I think I found a pp that reacks to my program and will go over the clamps now.
    I was thinking that dolphin has actually been reliable. I have mesh cam and via cad but I have been just using dolphin cad cam for my parts.
    Thanks, I now know how to delete old pps and load them properly,Id like to have a collection of mach 3 pp's for my software. I have a rotory table and usually use cnc wrapper.
    I just finished my lathe and will be using dolphin cad cam for my lathe work. It would be nice to have an assortment of post to on hand for the lathe too just in case, can you help me out with that?Im on "cutviewer" now and the 30 days are almost up, I might have to upgrade my dolphin dongle if I can afford it,Im thinking about it,Thanks,Dan