584,808 active members*
5,362 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Plasma, EDM / Waterjet Machines > Torchmate > 501a signal generator question/problem

501a signal generator question/problem

When ever I try to go online with my table I get this message...

Attachment 263444

The signal generator shows a connection to the USB (for what that is worth) and when I turn on the signal generator the 1 thru 5 lights go in sequence as they always do.

I've tried plugging the SG into other computers and the SG doesn't show up in the device manager of any of them...

Torchmate seems to think I need to buy a new motherboard for the SG.. At $500 for the motherboard, I'd like to know for sure that is what's needed...

I was wondering if anyone else has ran into this and what the solution was for your problem?

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Re: 501a signal generator question/problem

Are the drivers for the SG installed on the computer you're plugging the SG into?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you try a new cable ?

Before I'd send in $500....

I'd re-look at the settings in configuration.

I'd try another USB port on the PC....

I'd grab any other PC, install the software and see if it connects.

Additionally,

If the TM software has a REPAIR option at install (modern versions of Flashcut does), it's worth a shot.

I'd certainly attempt to find where the original USB driver got stored and try to reinstall it.

I'd also copy off the .STP file, do a complete uninstall, rename any leftover folders, scour and remove registry entries and reinstall from scratch.
    Chris L

did you ever fix the problem?

I'm having all the same issues. I tried reinstalling, updating drivers, new cables, tried two new computers with fresh installs and virtually anything else I could think of...still just sitting there. Now I'm looking for suggestions for other options. Totally blows.

Any luck?

Quote Originally Posted by NyMetals View Post
    Any luck?
    Hi guys
    I chose this section because it contains the most recent mentions regarding my problem.
    I became the happy owner of a new - old used controller -
    Compact FlashCut CNC Microstepping Controller, 3 Axis, USB, Model 501A. No. 210059. I bought it a few days ago.
    I already had two Model 401A FlashCut CNCs with software versions 1.6 and 2.1. The equipment has been around for many years and still works perfectly, but that was in a past life and now not with me.

The point of my question is that I need a program to work with the generator USB Model 501A and perhaps a driver to work in Windows 10 or different Windows, possibly instructions, etc.
    Could you please share this information with me, or where I can download it?

igor, try this: https://gofile.io/d/jD7rpB

I got the file from Flashcut after sending in my serial number. Unfortunately I am having the USB connectivity issue described in this thread.

*edit* I solved the connectivity issue by installing the Torchmate driver. Couldn't find a download on the Flashcut site, but they seem to be interchangable. Apparently the Flashcut software does not install the driver for the 501A, and you have to do it manually. Link: https://torchmate.com/training-heade...ware-downloads

Quote Originally Posted by russc View Post
    igor, try this: https://gofile.io/d/jD7rpB

I got the file from Flashcut after sending in my serial number. Unfortunately I am having the USB connectivity issue described in this thread.

*edit* I solved the connectivity issue by installing the Torchmate driver. Couldn't find a download on the Flashcut site, but they seem to be interchangable. Apparently the Flashcut software does not install the driver for the 501A, and you have to do it manually. Link: https://torchmate.com/training-heade...ware-downloads
    Dear Ruusc. Thank you very much for your reply. I solved the problem with Torchmate support, however, I figured out later, that they have all the needed material and links on their Web page.
    My generator 501 works with Torchmate3019Live. And it works with Windows 10 too.