585,762 active members*
4,096 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

China laser cutter

Hi all
    Have just stumbled across this site and am very interested in the discussions on laser machines. I own a sign manufacturing company in australia and have been running a laser cutter we directly imported from the manufacturer in china for about 8 months now. The machine has a 80w tube with a bed size of 1490mm x 800mm, this machine is now succesfully cutting acrylic sheet up to 15mm thick. There was a few issues to be resolved when the machine arrived and the commissioning of the unit took a lot longer than i had hoped for, problems with the power supply and broken tubes in transit, however these issues were eventually fixed, and i must say that the help i recieved from the manufacturer was exemplary in their attitude and promptness.

If anyone would like more info please let me know via this post and i shall provide more info.

All the best and i look forward to participating in this forum

Cheers
    Ron

Yes, please. If you have been reading the posts concerning lasers from China, we have had quite a few problems finding a manufacturer that will stand behind their product. Please give us the details of the manufacturer and cost of the particular machine you purchased along with the specs of cutting area and depth of cut.

Thanks

Gidday
    no worries, the company name is as below with the contact name, address him as Jason and i am sure you will find him most helpful:

Mr Wang Jun
    CEIEC Zhejiang Company
    408#, Wensan Road,Hangzhou,Zhejiang,China.
    China National Electronics Import and Export Zhejiang Company
    Tel: (86 571)--88938707
    Fax: (86 571)--88864333
    E-mail: [email protected]
    [email protected]

The model i purchased is: EZFXSFA001, price was at the time $USD7200.00 FOB SHANGHAI

Hope this helps

VREY VREY VREY many:
    Approximately some 30-50 similar factory in china

14**-800 Size laser machine is 80w AND 60w

Signbloke: It seems like the initial setup took a while to resolve. How many hours are you putting on the machine. Are you using it intermittently or are you running a fair amount of production thru it? The Chinese machines have not proved themselves in the western markets yet, and I'm chomping at the bit to get some longevity questions answered before popping on a machine myself. Thanks for your input, Kabba (an Aussie friend told me that meant buddy or pal- I hope he wasn't yankin my chain)

rakker
    you are right initial setup was a bit of a pain, problem was transport and insufficient protection of the tube, the machine itself was very well crated but the tube was lacking in protection, it took 4 attempts and a stern phone call before a tube arrived in one piece...i think they have learned a big lesson and assure me they have made changes to their shipping protocol. the power supply original fitted was insufficient and would arc out continuosly, again i had to insist they supply a unit that is stable and able to handle the higher primary voltage here in australia. The result was that a proprietry brand laser power supply was sent and this unit is much larger and runs the machine perfectly.

Longevity? so far we have been cutting on a daily basis for 6 months plus, we cut 3mm to 12mm thick acrylic sheet and the machine handles this no problem, the engraving function is impressive and very small fonts can be achieved with clarity. MDF is cut regularly up to 9mm only, over that it struggles.

I have obviously had my fair share of problems with the machine in the setup stage, however once this was resolved i would have to say the i am now confident that the unit is stable and reliable...and frankly at a saving over over $30k for the same size and output machine available on the domestic market here through distributors...the pain at the start now seems worth it.

Hope this all helps
    all the best
    ron

Thanks signbloke. 9mm MDF is impressive. What kind of feed speeds do you achieve with that thickness? I'm trying to cut hardwoods 7mm thick. It varies quite a bit by species what you can do. Have you cut any solid wood through your machine? Also what is your main program for vector cutting? Corel, or something else? TIA

Rob

rakker
    sorry for delay in answering, have had a bloody busy week!
    9mm mdf is the max we can cut, i have tried some hardwoods but not very succesful as the density is all over the place and to be honest it is not really a material we have much cause to cut. We regularly cut acrylic sheet at thickness up to 18mm, most of our cutting is acrylic sheet in the 3mm to 10mm range which the machine handles with ease.
    Our primary graphics siftware is Corel draw, files are exported as a.i or dxf then processed through the propriety software that was bundled with the machine, this process works very well i must say.

cheers

Hey Signbloke. Hope you're making $ being busy! Thanks for the reply. What made you choose that company over others? Do they have a local rep in country? There seems to be quite a few companies making similar systems. Hard to pick one without knowing the situation in China, who is fly by night and who is well established.

Rakker