585,885 active members*
6,203 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Laser Engraving and Cutting Machines > Laser Engraving / Cutting Machine General Topics > Ordering a Thunder Laser Mars90 Reci 80 watt - timeline of experience for your review

Post Ordering a Thunder Laser Mars90 Reci 80 watt - timeline of experience for your review

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~
    Quick Overview:

Latest Update: 1/7/2015 30% down payment to be sent in 48 hours, other 70% paid after machine is prep'd and receive video of it working.
    Rating so far: A+

Machine Spec:
    Make: Thunder Laser
    Model: Mars 90 Plus
    Accesories: Reci 80 watt, Rotary, Chiller
    Link: Mars (Plus) - Thunderlaser

Reason I went with Thunder:
    1) Low cost, ie, why pay for a Full Spectrum/Rabbit (just a comparable example) that is imported anyways and is double the cost, even after I pay import cost! If I want to pay that much for a china machine just to get USA support, I'll just get two and import from China!
    2) Buying laser with a RECI tube for zero $$ extra
    3) Controller has been out for sometime now, good reviews
    4) Z motor doesn't hang down from base, making top section only 27" to fit into basement door, can take down to basement by removing base (4 bolts), this is a HUGE deal for us as the CNC router setup is in garage
    5) Easy to deal with, quick responses, not your typical sales pushy personnel.
    6) Set up as 115 volt!

Hey everyone,
    I get a lot of help on the forums so I figured it would be good to give some of that back. A quick introduction to myself; I'm an engineer by tittle but wife and I have a growing home side business that has really started to gain momentum. It all started when I had an ich to build a cnc router to make foam molds for composite parts. Built it but got burnt out and wife had me make a few parts that she started to sell online. Something Unique Designs - Homepage Rest is history and now we're expanding our equipment.

As everyone on the forums have I noticed the adds by Thunder, started checking them out and was happy with what I saw. I'm in Vegas for work a lot so stopped by Full Spectrum and yes, US support is nice but machine wasn't all the great and all they do is import from china and charge you double (they still have import cost and their own employees) and I still have to have it shipped. If USA support is a must, I figure to just buy two machines from chin, double my production and cover myself if a machine goes down and not pay more than a rabbit/FS.

I started emailing Amy at Thunder 11/20/2014 (today is 1/7/2015) and she has been super responsive (fingers crossed this doesn't go away). From what I gathered, Thunder Laser is a 'higher end' made in china machine and I like the fact I can get a RECI tube. I wanted a RECI not for the fact I didn't trust thunder laser's, but I don't want to hold a spare one in stock and wanted a replacement in the USA to get overnight when it needs replacement.

Our plans with the machine is a lot of volume. Epilog is 10 minutes from me but we don't have 30k, 40k, $50k for one. I figure if I can get a solid 1yr out of this machine I will have it payed over 10 times and will be happy. I'm hoping for more but that's to be decided.

That's all I have for now, will update you guys on big events.

-Keith

Timeline:
    1/7/2015: 30% down payment to be sent in 48 hours, other 70% paid after machine is prep'd and receive video of working.
    11/20/2014: Started Contacting Thunder Laser

Re: Ordering a Thunder Laser Mars90 Reci 80 watt - timeline of experience for your re

Hello Keith, thank you for your appreciation, Amy is really a nice person, and working hard. your suggestions will let more people know our Thunderlaser. Thank you.:cheers:

Re: Ordering a Thunder Laser Mars90 Reci 80 watt - timeline of experience for your re

That's the same machine I was emailing her about, although I hadn't explored the difference with the tubes.

What did freight run you, what broker did you use, and what do you figure your import fees will be?

I was very impressed with the speed and detail in which Amy went into, and really do like the product. Currently I'm reconsidering a CNC mill instead, but from what I saw about TL, I liked it.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianJenkins View Post
    That's the same machine I was emailing her about, although I hadn't explored the difference with the tubes.

What did freight run you, what broker did you use, and what do you figure your import fees will be?

I was very impressed with the speed and detail in which Amy went into, and really do like the product. Currently I'm reconsidering a CNC mill instead, but from what I saw about TL, I liked it.
    Brian,

Estimating $1300 to get it to my door. Thing to note for other people is machines in the states will still cost you $700...

The $1300 Includes:
    $450 boat fee, 30 days
    $550 local shipping fee
    $2.4% Tarrif Fee
    $2.9 State Tax fee

You can get the mini60 do your door in 7 days DHL and is nearly the same cost, but any of the Mars series are too large for DHL.

hello Brian, this is Nolan from Thunderlaser, Amy's colleague.
    Usually we use RECI, EFR, SPT and SP tubes according to the need of our customers.
    Because all brands have good tubes and bad ones.
    Therefore, it's very important for us to test all the tubes carefully to assure the quality.
    All our tubes, no matter what brands, must pass a strict quality control process
    before installing to our laser machines.
    And according to our latest test results, SPT tubes are very stable these days.
    So we install SPT tubes to our machines as default at present.
    If you like to use other brands, it's also ok for us.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianJenkins View Post

Quick Overview:

Latest Update: 1/20/2015: Received working video and payed off rest of 70%. Communication has been great so far.

Timeline:
    1/20/2015: received video and photos of working machine, rest of 70% payment sent. Unit will ship out next week!!
    1/7/2015: 30% down payment to be sent in 48 hours, other 70% paid after machine is prep'd and receive video of working.
    keith Ray - YouTube video of machine

Thnak you for your A+.:cheers:
    Quote Originally Posted by 2fast4u66 View Post
    Quick Overview:

Latest Update: 1/20/2015: Received working video and payed off rest of 70%. Communication has been great so far.

Timeline:
    1/20/2015: received video and photos of working machine, rest of 70% payment sent. Unit will ship out next week!!
    keith Ray - YouTube video of machine

Very cool!

Thanks.:violin:
    Quote Originally Posted by buddydog View Post
    Very cool!

Quick Overview:

Latest Update: 3/12/2015: Got the laser cutter in and unboxed!! We ending up getting a shop space (1500 sqft) due to demand and grown of our business. Will advise in about a month once we fire her up!!

Timeline:
    3/12/2015: After the heavy delay from the LA port strike this made it in!!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo.PNG 
Views:	0 
Size:	214.6 KB 
ID:	272756Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo 2.JPG 
Views:	0 
Size:	95.7 KB 
ID:	272758

thank you for sharing your experience with other person, this is Nolan from Thunder Laser, if you have any question in future, please feel free to contact with us.
    or you can send your problems to our tech team([email protected])
    http://www.thunderlaser.com/

My name is Wesley "Chip" Hall and I am the CTO of All American Technology Services located in Asheville, NC

I have several of the ThunderLaser Systems, and have been using them for many years now, and I am the "ad-hoc" parts depot and part time technical support for many of ThunderLaser Systems customers.

If anyone should have any questions or need any information regarding the functionality, use of, or need technical assistance with their products, please feel free to contact me at [email protected] or you can call 9-5 EST 828-489-4528 and I would be happy to help you with your needs.

Although I am not an employee of ThunderLaser Systems, I have many years of experience using, maintaining, and repairing these systems... I do this out of the goodness of my heart and am happy to help promote their systems. They are rock solid, and built to last.

I hope everyone has a great day.

Wesley "Chip" Hall

thank you Wesley. :banana:

Keith how do you like the laser now after having it a few months? What would you do different if you did it all over again?

Keith,

Machine has been great for the cost and performs way better than I thought it would. Never used an epilog but I dont know how it can perform better than this. For example I never opened up the software before turning on the machine and had it cutting within 10 minutes of first power up. In fact for the first week we didn't even align it (took 15min)! The blower that comes with it is super powerful. I put it in a drywall box and ran 75' of 6" ac ducting and it pulls the smoke out just fine.

The Good...
    Everything. For the cost you CANNOT beat this machine. As of now we have ran many parts on it and its been super easy to use with great results. We'll see how it goes after a year but even if we go through a machine every 2-3 years we'll be way ahead from a USA made machine. We're thinking of buying a mini60 next in a month or two.

The Support
    Tom the tech responds to emails the same or next day depending on the time and has been super responsive.

These guys get it! They're not your typical china supplier who will leave you high and dry after purchasing a machine. They answer questions, give you the support and take the feedback you give them, and give you a GREAT product!

Sorry this is short but this machine you cannot beat it! Pay a little extra for this china machine and you will NOT regret it.

Quote Originally Posted by KeithOKC View Post
    Keith how do you like the laser now after having it a few months? What would you do different if you did it all over again?

Cool thanks Keith for the review!

Thank you so much for your positive feedback to our machine and our company. :rainfro:
    if there is something wrong with your machine in future, or you have some questions for us, please contact with us.
    Your satisfaction is best praise to us. Thank you.

Hi Keith, thank you for your support, do you mind share your product with us? (wedge)

Dear :

we ,Beijing EFR Laser, are a professional co2 laser tube manufacture in china.
    we supply co2 laser tube from 60w-260w.
    Attached our product model for your reference.
    I believe we can meet your strict requirement.
    Would you please give us a chance to cooperate with you and introduce our tube to your market.
    thanks in advance.my email:[email protected]