585,997 active members*
4,844 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Spindles / VFD > Delta VFD EL 2.2KW settings

Delta VFD EL 2.2KW settings

Hi guys, I bought a set of a Delta VFD and a Hertz 2.2KW spindle. I would apreciate some help configuring this device... it's very complex!

so far I only set the parameters:
    2.00 - 4 - potenciometer speed controller
    2.01 - 0 - source of operation command
    1.09 - 3 - acceleration time
    1.10 - 3 - decceleration time
    1.00 - 300 - max out frequency
    1.01 - 300 - max voltage frequency
    1.02 - 220 - max out voltage
    1.05 - 60 - min out frequency
    0.05 - 60 - coeficient K (for RPM display)

I have serious doubts on the 1.04 and 1.06 paramenters (mid point voltage and minimum out voltage) and would like to know if you recomend to set any other parameters.

the manual is here:
    DELTA ELECTRONICS AC MOTOR DRIVE VFD-EL USER MANUAL Pdf Download.

thanks for all and best regards

Re: Delta VFD EL 2.2KW settings

vakeiros

Your min frequency is most likely to low, most of these spindles don't go below 100, you accel/decel, may be to low as well, the parameters you have set are the main one's there are not much else you have to set, leave the other parameters at the default settings, you may want to try the Auto Tune if your drive has that, what is you VFD drive model, you link is not very good
    Mactec54

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    vakeiros

Your min frequency is most likely to low, most of these spindles don't go below 100, you accel/decel, may be to low as well, the parameters you have set are the main one's there are not much else you have to set, leave the other parameters at the default settings, you may want to try the Auto Tune if your drive has that, what is you VFD drive model, you link is not very good
    Hi Mactec54

my VFD is the VFD022EL21A (manual link: http://www.deltaacdrives.com/wp-cont...-EL-Manual.pdf)

I set the min frequency at 60Hz that give me about 3600 rpm I use that RPM to drill aluminum with my chinese spindle and vfd on my small machine so i set that on this too but that's something I can change later... I use 3 sec accelaration time on the other vfd too so i set on this too (the settings of the other VFD were copied from one post of this forum just read and config like said XD)

about that Auto tune I'll take a look if it has that...

vakeiros

Yes the acceleration/deceleration,if it ramps up ok with your settings, then there is no problem with 3sec, you may even be able to go lower with the acceleration, as for running your spindle at 3600rpm that is to low for these spindles, you will damage the spindle, if you run it below what the manufacturer recommends, the minimum rpm is usually around 6,000rpm
    Mactec54

vakeiros

Yes the acceleration/deceleration,if it ramps up ok with your settings, then there is no problem with 3sec, you may even be able to go lower with the acceleration, as for running your spindle at 3600rpm that is to low for these spindles, you will damage the spindle, if you run it below what the manufacturer recommends, the minimum rpm is usually around 6,000rpm
    Ok then, I'll change the 1.05 to 100 (that will give me a minimum of 6000rpm), I'll try to contact hertz and see what they tell me

vakeiros

I found some information on this spindle, if your's is the 18,000 rpm spindle 2.2Kw, then the slowest it can run is 12,000 rpm, this is because it is air cooled, & the fan would be running to slow below this speed to cool the spindle, so your minimum setting should be around 200Hz, if you had a water cooled spindle then you can run at the lower RPM like 6,000 rpm
    Mactec54

vakeiros

I found some information on this spindle, if your's is the 18,000 rpm spindle 2.2Kw, then the slowest it can run is 12,000 rpm, this is because it is air cooled, & the fan would be running to slow below this speed to cool the spindle, so your minimum setting should be around 200Hz, if you had a water cooled spindle then you can run at the lower RPM like 6,000 rpm
    thanks for the input, that's why I'll place 2 auxiliar fans for cooling it (one each side) and like I said I only use it that slow to make drilling and I alway use peck drilling and small diameter drills (usually 3 to 6mm). but thanks

Hi vakeiros, could you please post the parameters settings for the Delta VFD022EL21A with 2.2kW Hertz spindle? Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by vakeiros View Post
    thanks for the input, that's why I'll place 2 auxiliar fans for cooling it (one each side) and like I said I only use it that slow to make drilling and I alway use peck drilling and small diameter drills (usually 3 to 6mm). but thanks

His is an air cooled spindle what do you have, water or air, there are different settings for the different spindles
    Mactec54

His is an air cooled spindle what do you have, water or air, there are different settings for the different spindles
    not sure if the reply was for me or not... If it was, I have exactly the same air cooled spindle HBM42 and Delta VFD022EL21A...

hi there, you have the exact same spindle that I have, sorry for the late reply I've been out. I have to look for the manual since I written there all the changes I made, I'll see if I can find it tonight and post all the changes I made.
    but those settings on the first post are really close to what I have except the min frequency that I have 0 because sometimes I have to check for runout and I need very slow speed for that, and need to use an edge finder and use 30Hz for that...

When I bought the spindle/VFD from ebay I was told to set parameters as follows:
    00.03 from 0 to 1
    01.00 from 60.00 to 300
    01.02 confirm that value is 220
    01.03 from 1.5 to 150

02.00 from 1 to 4
    02.01 from 1 to 0

The problem is that without changing parameter 01.01 from the default of 60 to higher, the mid point frequency (01.03) can't be changed to 150.
    Even if 01.01 is 300 from 60, the speed adjustment via panel knob doesn't seem linear...
    Thank you for your help

there I can't help you since I took some notes on some frequencies to get the desired RPM. I set it up when I bought it (about 2 years) and with a laser RPM meter I set the knob to the desired RPM (like 5000rpm is like 90hz and so on) so I know what frequency to set according to the RPM I want...

anyway I'll try to find the manual right now...