585,764 active members*
4,132 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

TB6560 problems

I've just bought a TB6560 breakout board after my old breakout board burnt out. When I connected up my new breakout board and powered it up the fan isn't running and the stepper motors don't lock up ready to run. I've checked the voltage going into the board which is set up to 36DCV for my nema 34 stepper motors and all the wiring looks good but. Any advice.

Re: TB6560 problems

If the previous board was working and this one without anything being changed isn't, then it looks like your suffering from any of the myriad issues revolving around the various designs of boards using this driver IC. Generally most of the all-in-one TB6560 based boards on ebay simply will not work properly, or even not at all depending on the particular board revision.

There's several very large threads here you'll easily find regarding what people did to get theirs going, usually requiring minor to major circuit reworking.

Myself, I think they are a complete waste of money, and even when working still perform like a bag of crap compared to any of the decent drivers available. I lost several painful months with my 6040, until I finally admitted it wasn't worth it, and replaced it with a G540.

The acknowledged issues with these are not a matter of opinion, the crap PCB design, dodgy buffering/isolating, earthing and ground issues, and peculiar power up/down sequences that it requires to avoid blowing the IC's, are well documented.

cheers. Ian
    It's rumoured that everytime someone buys a TB6560 based board, an engineer cries!

The maximum recommended supply voltage is 34V for -30 to +85 degree C although the stated max. is 40V at 25 degree C.

I think some jumper settings are wrong...read the operating documents if any are supplied. Post a sharp 12 o'clock
    above picture if you can of the board here.

Sounds like a bad board, since even the fan doesn't run.

Did the power led light up? If you know how to use a multimeter check if there is 5 volts Dc or some other voltage like for the relays present.
    If they are present then the board has the voltage for the control circuit. Since you say the motors don't lock up then it's obvious the motors and the
    controller board is not getting the correct operating power. Have you wired it correctly? Check the wiring of the machine
    is it broken/open circuit somewhere.Your multimeter can check this by using the beeper/continuity/diode test function.