585,877 active members*
3,968 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Stepper Motors / Drives > Nema 34 Stepper Motors/Drivers - induction ratings

Nema 34 Stepper Motors/Drivers - induction ratings

I've been looking hard at cncrouterparts.com as far as the pro level kits and they really seem well put together. I was in for a bit of a surprise with the electronics kits though!

Their kits use a 4-axis set up, and even their DIY kit is $1500 for the NEMA 34 motors.

That said, they realize the cost difference and address it in their FAQ:
    Why should I buy your motors? Company XX has higher torque motor | CNCRouterParts

That said, how much induction is too much? Anyone know what brand these stepper motors are? Are these worth 3x the cost over another motor with say 10 mH of induction?

Re: Nema 34 Stepper Motors/Drivers - induction ratings

Even Gekco's Motor has 4.82mH
    http://www.geckodrive.com/g734-950-4.html

2 mH or less is a good number to aim for with low cost drivers which are limited to 40v-50v. They don't necessarily cost more than the high inductance ones.

Are these worth 3x the cost over another motor...........
    Unless you're buying direct from China, their motors are not 3x more than their competitors. Here's a similar motor for $20 less, but you won't get anywhere near the level of support that CNC Router Parts gives, if you need it.
    NEMA34 Stepper Motor ? 906 oz in 6.1A Single Shaft (KL34H295-43-8A) | Automation Technology Inc

If you source all the components from that $1500 kit elsewhere, it would be about $1300 without the wires with pre-assembled plug in connectors.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Quote Originally Posted by ger21 View Post
    Unless you're buying direct from China, their motors are not 3x more than their competitors. Here's a similar motor for $20 less, but you won't get anywhere near the level of support that CNC Router Parts gives, if you need it.
    NEMA34 Stepper Motor ? 906 oz in 6.1A Single Shaft (KL34H295-43-8A) | Automation Technology Inc

If you source all the components from that $1500 kit elsewhere, it would be about $1300 without the wires with pre-assembled plug in connectors.
    You were right it was a foreign website, and shipping took it up quick. There is another one on Ebay though, that is CA based - however researching the quality of the components with the CNCRP kit I see why. Plus like you said, support too

Actually I didn't realize they sold the components separately...until you mentioned the cost.
    Nema 34 CNC Electronics | CNCRouterParts

I plan on getting things over a period of time so this will let me do that.