585,970 active members*
4,384 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Driving me insane. RoboDrill T10b alarm 252 only after machine has been sitting

Driving me insane. RoboDrill T10b alarm 252 only after machine has been sitting

This only started happening about 2 weeks after changing the spindle motor,

after the machine has been turned off over night. in the morning they will turn the spindle on and warm up the machine. when they go to do the first tool change Alarm 252 comes on (ATC spindle 252)

the manual says to check on Diagnosis bit 531, if bit 6 is 1 then there is a deviation in magazine index.

if bit 2 is 1 then there is a deviation in spindle movement. this is the Bits that i got: 01100100,

6 and 2 are on! after i do a turret restoration after the alarm it will make tool changes fine and sometimes in the mornings it wont even alarm out!

i called Methods Machine and spoke to Michael said that this is strange and would have to have a tech sent out to take a look at it. which i really dont want to do.,.

any leads on this or advice would be appreciated.

Re: Driving me insane. RoboDrill T10b alarm 252 only after machine has been sitting

ended up turning the turret spin speed down. and problem is solved.

only thing i can think of is in the mornings and the machine and bearings being cold. it is throwing the alarm because there is some slight resistance in the turret.

slowing it down by 50% really helped. and its not as scary either!!

Hello, i have the same problem, may you tell me how to turn down the speed? I apreciate your help, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Eriksanchez View Post
    Hello, i have the same problem, may you tell me how to turn down the speed? I apreciate your help, thanks
    What's your e-mail? I will send you the parameter list that Methods gave me and info in it.

Re: Driving me insane. RoboDrill T10b alarm 252 only after machine has been sitting

I have the same problem here and we change the spindle motor last month. Can I have your document please or just say which parameter is
    Thank for your help

Quote Originally Posted by NoGoodNolan View Post
    What's your e-mail? I will send you the parameter list that Methods gave me and info in it.
    Hello, did you ever figure out the real reason for this alarm? I'm having the same issue..