584,802 active members*
4,994 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Cannot DNC on Mori Seiki SV500

Hi, I just bought a 1999 Mori Seiki SV500. The control is an MSC501 which I believe is also a Fanuc 18i. The problem I’m having is with the card reader. I can load programs into memory from the card in edit mode but when I try to run directly from the card I have no options. I cannot find DNC anywhere on the control. In any other mode besides edit the CARD softkey does not display. Am I missing something or is there an option that was not purchased for DNC? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Re: Cannot DNC on Mori Seiki SV500

No, there is no "DNC" button. There is however a Tape button, next to edit mdi buttons on the operator panel. Press that and try again.

When I go into tape mode the option for reading the card dissapears. Only in edit mode can I do anything with the card. Everywhere I've read says I should go to Tape mode and page over until I see a softkey for CARD / DNC but it just is not there. I don't know if it is an option that is not on the machine or messed up parameters or what.

No, not an option that i know of, think they all can. There was a parameter changed required on the Mapps controlled version, but i dont remember any thing else needed on that vintage. I dont ever remember anything saying DNC or the like, just put in the card with the program on it and hit cycle start. You do have the comm port set on 4 right?

Yes, it is set to 4. I've tried using M198P## and when I press start the green light stays on and the cycle time keeps count like it is running but the mill does nothing. Everything runs fine if I copy the file into memory and run them but all of my programs are much too big for that. I really do not want to go back to using RS232.

I may have a procedure that will work for this, PM me and I will see what I have

Quote Originally Posted by jp41558 View Post
    I may have a procedure that will work for this, PM me and I will see what I have
    Did you find the procedure?