585,670 active members*
4,126 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

RFQ Small Stainless steel parts

I need 50 of these made from either 303 or 304 SS. The tolerances are not an issue. I make these now on my manual lathe from 3/4" bar stock and it is to time consuming so I would like to find a source. I would like to pay $2 +S&H each The order will repeat a few times a year. and there is another very similar item I will need made soon. Please do not respond if you are not in the Continental USA. Please don't ask me if I want 50,000 I don't want more than 50 at a time. If there are any questions fire away. This is a great hobbyist project. I left out the dimensions for the champfer it is not that important just get it close to the picture. I would like the surface of the wide end of the part to be as smooth as possible. the narrow or front end the surface condition doesn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by msloan View Post
    I need 50 of these made from either 303 or 304 SS. The tolerances are not an issue. I make these now on my manual lathe from 3/4" bar stock and it is to time consuming so I would like to find a source. I would like to pay $2 +S&H each The order will repeat a few times a year. and there is another very similar item I will need made soon. Please do not respond if you are not in the Continental USA. Please don't ask me if I want 50,000 I don't want more than 50 at a time. If there are any questions fire away. This is a great hobbyist project. I left out the dimensions for the champfer it is not that important just get it close to the picture. I would like the surface of the wide end of the part to be as smooth as possible. the narrow or front end the surface condition doesn't matter.

My PM mailbox is full and I cannot empty it from my android phone I don't know why. If you have tried to reply to this and I know some have please just send me an email at [email protected] Thanks, Mike

Re: RFQ Small Stainless steel parts

Lotsa luck on $2 each. Small quantities are a bear. the metal is an appreciable % of $2
    i build the braces that keep american teeth straight......tick tick tick

Is your .325 dim really .1625???

Thank you very much everyone for all of the responses. I have found a supplier for this part.

So I had someone lined up to do this but they seem to have not finished and I never heard form them.. I still need this done, time is not a big issue.

Your $2 dollar price is tough, especially with the deep 5/64 hole in ss. I would go through at least 2 or 3 bits for just 50 parts probably.

6 feet of 3/4 304 is $46 at McMaster-Carr. With all the stock removal and the hole I would charge $5 each and then add freight.
    i build the braces that keep american teeth straight......tick tick tick

msloan,
    I sent you a message about your parts.

mtechserv

Hi the quote on your parts is 6.80 each plus shipping if you were looking to order a larger quantity the price would be less.

Thanks Tom
    Cutting Edge Machine
    [email protected]

Email sent

Why do people keep posting "E-mail sent" "Pm Sent"? It serves no purpose and works against anyone bidding by keeping the thread on the top of the list. The way a lot of people don't read dates by replying to 5 year old threads if a thread were to sink down the list it won't get viewed as much.
    Less views, less bids, that is pretty cut and dried.

Hi, do you still need the part? or do you have any new inquires?
    If you do, please send drawing to [email protected]
    Thanks