I have finally been getting some progress with my machine I went back to using my original 3rd generation breakout board, replacing two of my MA860H drive controllers that stopped working. I had previously only got it working using the hand controller; when I linked it up to Mach3 at first nothing happened and shortly after setting it up the hand controller stopped working and the digital readout on the breakout board and the readout on Mach3 started to link up but nothing else happened. Shortly after that the two MA860H drive controllers stopped working.

Now after a lot of playing around, changing the drive controllers and the motor outputs from the recommended settings, I managed to get X axis working. After linking the breakouts Y axis to the X axis motor and running through the step pin # dri pin # I got it to run on 16,17 but it only runs in the one direction no matter which button is pressed. This happened when I changed it from step pin# 16,18/16,19/16,20/16/21.

After getting it to run like this I had to turn off the board and when I turned it back on, the funny thing is that when turned it on again the motors only locked up when I turned off the switch on the breakout board.

Can anyone give me some advice.