585,762 active members*
4,355 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Insurance ??

Page 3 of 3 123

Re: Insurance ??

Quote Originally Posted by smokediver576 View Post
    Sort of my concern as well. Your $650 just covered the machine but what about the house?
    $650 covers 43k worth of equipment as well as some "property" coverage, but no clue what that entails. Garage and house are still covered under home owners, but very concerned about if anything happens. I'm sure if one of the machines caused a fire that home owners would tell me to go screw.

Hope is to lease a space within 6-12 months, but who knows...

If you buy machine coverage, that is what is covered. Anything else must be bought seperately.
    Lee

I'm not worried about insuring any of the equipment or business related items. My only concern is making sure my primary residence is covered. Worst case example: Fire that starts in the basement (where my shop is), unknown or possibly shop caused, and the house burns down. I want to know that the house and contents are covered (not counting any of the shop equipment) and that the insurance company cannot deny the claim. I'm also concerned of if they come out and do one of their inspections that they may cancel my policy. Recently my folks had their insurance company after about 8 years come out and "just take some photos of the outside of their house for the file" only to get a letter about 30 days later stating that they needed to paint, trim bushes, repair some trim and a couple of other items. If they did not get this completed then they were going to cancel the policy.
    The Body Armor Dude - Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by smokediver576 View Post
    Sort of my concern as well. Your $650 just covered the machine but what about the house?
    Go take another look at those pictures that LeeWay posted of his garage after his fire, if you want to stop sleeping well..
    Tim
    Tormach 1100-3, Grizzly G0709 lathe, Clausing 8520 mill, SolidWorks, HSMWorks.

Page 3 of 3 123