584,830 active members*
5,897 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > CNC Swiss Screw Machines > ROBOBAR SSF 226 lost parameters !

Exclamation ROBOBAR SSF 226 lost parameters !

Hello,

I own a machine TORNOS Deco 13a with bar feeder ROBOBAR SSF226.
    We have one problem, so if somebody are willing to help us somehow or point me to the right address, I would be very grateful.

Our ROBOBAR SSF 226 is currently without parameters, more precisely parameters are deleted.
    We had BACKUP of parameters on original floppy disk, but it looks like over time floppy become corrupted, and now it is impossible to transfer parameters on the PC.

Does anyone perhaps have a backup of these parameters and settings for this Barfeeder?

Bar feeder:
    ROBOBAR SSF -226
    FANUC Power Mate-MODEL E A02B-0168-B053

hey bob,
    I just moved to a new job and we have deco13s and robo bars of that same era. I'll try to extract some parameters for you early next week. pm me if you don't hear anything by Tuesday.

thanks,
    Marcus
    CNC Product Manager / Training Consultant

Re: ROBOBAR SSF 226 lost parameters !

Hello. Can you tell me how to connect PC with the Robobar and transfer data ?
    I have this feeder too . I have tried to transfer data to my PC but without succes. To know how to do would be usefull.

Are you really in Serbia?

I have no idea who does service that way, but the Tornos US team is very good and would be able to help you with that issue. Contact Roland at Tornos US.

As i konw Tornos you can hardly to get this information. It is concern more to Fanuc then Tornos as there is Fanuc control.
    But Fanuc service is expencive. I think that a specical cabel is necessary and to buy this cable is really costly.

Quote Originally Posted by bobancurug View Post
    Hello,

I own a machine TORNOS Deco 13a with bar feeder ROBOBAR SSF226.
    We have one problem, so if somebody are willing to help us somehow or point me to the right address, I would be very grateful.

Our ROBOBAR SSF 226 is currently without parameters, more precisely parameters are deleted.
    We had BACKUP of parameters on original floppy disk, but it looks like over time floppy become corrupted, and now it is impossible to transfer parameters on the PC.

Does anyone perhaps have a backup of these parameters and settings for this Barfeeder?

Bar feeder:
    ROBOBAR SSF -226
    FANUC Power Mate-MODEL E A02B-0168-B053
    You cannot load any parameters or software from a PC into the Fanuc Powermate.

The Fanuc Powermate control (AR1) in the bar feeder is programmed from a flash memory card inserted in the flash card slot on the Powermate unit itself. You need to contact your local Tornos agent and request a flash card with the software and parameters. The manual explains how to load the Robobar software. The floppy disk you have with the machine only contains the parameters for the Fanuc control on the machine, not for the SSF226.

Hello

I have both Robobar SSF 226 - short and long type. Which one type do you have ?
    I could send you all parameters but i do not know how to export data to my PC.
    How do you do that ?

I have this card ! You are right - it is special flash memory card, common does not work. To upload or save data is easy. But I am not sure if battery in my card is still OK.
    I will check it.
    I have no floppy disk with my feeders.
    What I can do is save data to the flash card and download them to my PC.
    Which type of the feeder do you have ? Long or short ?

Finally we run ROBOBAR - with the help of TORNOS service.
    Parameters I got and manually entered, but they are useless without software that can be installed only with a special flash memory card NOT LARGER THAN 256kb.
    I ordered this card from EBAY, so now I can make backup of parameters and software.

Thank you all for your help!

[I used 2 Mb card and it works too.

Hello
    Is there anybody who have Robobar SSF 226 with Siemns control.
    I need urgently operating manual, electric diagram and maybe files with parameters and program.

sent you a private message

Thanks darrin

Quote Originally Posted by bobancurug View Post
    Finally we run ROBOBAR - with the help of TORNOS service.
    Parameters I got and manually entered, but they are useless without software that can be installed only with a special flash memory card NOT LARGER THAN 256kb.
    I ordered this card from EBAY, so now I can make backup of parameters and software.

Thank you all for your help!

I have robobar ssf bar feeder paired with Tornos ENC 167. However machine was without power for 2 years, and looks like Bar feeder with Fanuc power mate model E control lost software.
    So can anyone help me with flash memory, that I can get machine to work.

I will pay for help.

Thank you

Best regards