585,762 active members*
3,969 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > Commercial CNC Wood Routers > router master space saver 52 4ftX10ft cnc machine year 2000
Page 3 of 4 1234

Re: router master space saver 52 4ftX10ft cnc machine year 2000

you know remembering the window with all of the icons i do remember one that says demo...

if i can not get this to work right, is this what i would need ? Velmex Inc. Stepping Motor Controller / Drivers

Where'd you find that thing? Ebay? The last thing you need is another obsolete controller. If you need to replace your controller, get something new, that's really going to work, and that you can get some support for.

But last I heard you were getting your machine to move using the controller it's got. Did it stop working?
    Andrew Werby
    Website

not out in the shop today so i was just checking things out, but i'll mess around with mine in the next couple days and get some pictures....

i found this info on the machine, i was asked about this before and didn't know.....

CAM Tech Spacemaker 3-axis router

Perfect for limited floor space due to it's upright design.

CAM Tech's SpaceMaker simplifies material loading and limits the machine's footprint in the shop by having the process area in an upright position. The SpaceMaker displays your work while it is cutting and can also be used as a cut-off saw, drill, or as an engraver. It can do 2-D or 3-D cutting(simultaneous 3-axis movement) while processing 4 by 8 ft. sheets of material with 400 in. per minute feed rates

Materials:
    Wood, Plastic, Acrylic, Aluminum, MDF,
    Foam, Fiberglass, Plexiglass, Insulated
    panel.

As the name Spacemaker suggests, this unique, industrial-strength 3-axis router is designed specifically for production shops with limited
    floor space. The patented, vertical design offers a 52”x102” (1320 mm x 2590 mm) process area, but takes up to only less than half the floor
    space of an equivalent-sized flatbed machine.

The Spacemaker can roll through a 3’ X 6’8” doorway, making it an accessible option for many workshops without large entry
    ways.

The upright design and built in material storage unit dramatically simplifies material loading, and allows you to conveniently store and
    process 4’(1.2 m) x 8’(2.4 m) sheets of material.

Available Sizes (Process area):
    • 52”(1320 mm) x 102”(2590 mm)
    • 65”(1650 mm) x 126”(3200 mm)

Spacemaker Specifications:

• The patented, upright router with the smallest foot print
    • 2D and 3D cutting capability.
    • 4 Locking castor wheels for easy movement.
    • Complete with dust extractor, chip-pick up and vacuum assist bed.
    • 3.125”(70 mm) under gantry clearance.
    • 6.8-inch (170 mm) Z-axis travel for longer cutting bits.
    • Can also be used as a cut off saw, drill and engraver.
    • Saves shop space.
    • Medite table top.

SpacemakerCMC4 MACHINE CONTROL INTERFACE

The CAMTECH Spacemaker advanced controller, with its easy to use Windows XP based interface, is intuitive and user - friendly.

Spacemaker V.01 DRO: Tool position is indicated to 1/1000 of an inch

Numeric positioning speed in inches per minute

Feedrate override: Cutting speeds can be adjusted while cutting speed to achieve the desired edge quality.

Real-time preview window shows the table’s process area and the router tool position on the tool path.

Includes zoom capability for closer examination of tool path details.

Shows X / Y coordinates of the cursor pointer as it mouses over the process area grid

Shortcuts to other Windows programs and commandscustomisable buttons to set multiple X/Y homes, frequent commands, preset laser powers

Manually controls accessories Indicators show the status of various operation and safety systems

Variable jog speed makes set up quick, accurate,

Type in exact X/Y or G-code

History button shows all machine activity since most recent shut-down

Logs history of every command and actual run

Mode commands for G-code compatible machine language are displayed Indicates time, % completion, and which G-code line the machine is on while running

Incremental jog modes

Opens notepad for machine side editing

don't run out to buying stuff...

if motors are locking up then your driver works..

next try to get working computer..
    if that wont come true, then go out for a control..

but buy a modern, and possible new one.. if something breaks then you have source to replace or even get warranty on..

it still not clear what happened exactly after you turned computer on...

first.. are you sure you got trough on the bios?
    that is what have an """empty"" computer before you install harddrives and op sys..

if you got trough on bios, then what did you get?
    a dos like something or an early windows?

the best woul d be before harddrive going wrong, go to a computer store or best buy get a new drive and hardcopy..
    then that copy put in another computer..

probably that computer has isa bus, and newer has only sata... but it wont be a problem at a computerstore..

then you can try to figure how the program can bring alive..
    this makes about a 100 expenses..
    and this is what this stuff worth to risk..

if its fail, then go out for a new control... Andrew or Gerry can help you to select a proper size for this machine..

what you posted, looks like for nema 17 or 23....

oh i'm not going to buy anything untill you guys say its bad and not going to work! the info i read sounds like this machine isn't that bad when its working....and sounds like it does a few neat things too! but does any of that info help you out on what were dealing with here ? i'm so kinda scared that when i get everything on again that router is going to go up and come crashing down again....but i think the computer tower is working, or nothing would come on the screen correct..pictures will help you guys i'm sure.

i will try to make this as clear as i can what happend...i turned everything on, the monitor screen came on and wanted me to sign in with a PW, the user name was already there..so since i had no pw i clicked ok and then the page with all the icons was there, i clicked on 1 at a time and then tryed the mouse and clicked on a icon i think cnc home and nothing, then back to the main page and pretty much the same thing with another icon with nothing moving or no actions! then went to the front of the cnc and picked up the pendant and tryed it. first thing i did was click up and it moved and i released the button quickly and it stopped, i tryed down and it still went up and i stopped...then i tryed each speed just quickly and they all worked perfectly but only going up. i put the pendant back in its place and reach for the mouse and must have clicked it and the router went up med speed all the way up to the top and stopped and then bam, it came down fast and hard! then i was done and turned it off..looked to see if anything was broken or came loose or anything and it all looked ok. but one thing the monitor did do through all this. is first say no signal then it came on and started kinda blinking/flashing but with the page still very visable and then after a few min it just cleared up and was clean and bright showing all icons, almost like it was warming up. the monitor was always lit up and stayed clear after that....that page must have had 25 or more icons though! hope this helps

that sounds lot better than I was imagine...

so it has win xp.. I also using in the shop..

on one computer it also comes up ""signed in"" since only one user defined and no password..
    in windows, after you turn computer on, you can press F8 and using safe mode you can sign in as administrator, and change all user account password, so you can sign in to any account.. don't delete non of them

the ""logic"" of any cnc, turn on machine, then computer..

on the computer you need to start the controlprogram..

then ""homing"", that is what on the pendant ""seek limit"" it will move machine with a relatively slow speed to the machines zeros..

virtually you can skip this but recommended, and I think some sys don't let you work unless you homing the machine..

so first try to get working the windows itself

machine don't need to be turned on...

sign in as administrator in windows and check on all user account sure you can sign in..

then find the controlprogram , some icon as you mentioned, contain in its name cnc..

find out if you can start that program..

but again, for this don't need the machine on yet...

oh man i'm feeling good about this, so i'm going to only power the computer then do what you said...i will let you know what happends! thanks

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/member...ureka-tec.html
    Hans Eskeson was an engineer for CAMTech. He can help you with the machine.

Microsystems World CNC LLC
    MicroSystems World CNC - PC Based CNC Controller - WinCNC CNC Software - CNC Controller Software - WinCNC - CNC Motion Control - "Home"
    304-472-7206 X105 Kelly Davis
    304-472-7206 X101 Mike Queen

Your Space Saver has WinCNC on it. Hans Eskeson can help you with it or call one of the numbers for WinCNC if you're still having problems.
    From Wikipedia - "..butter knife..any table knife designed with a dull edge and rounded point". I've never claimed to be the sharpest knife in the drawer!

yupp

yesterday I already figured... mike told me it is their control.. mike is a very talented one.. I know only him from wincnc

I sent a pm to jgstang also told mike it. ..

===========================================

you know, if others also see it, and knew it, they should post it, . and original poster don't bite off his all nails..

this topic runs since two weeks..

thanks for that info, i will call them tomorrow and see whats up...i called axyz international and all they told me is that control is no longer made and don't think i will even find another one, and my only options are...1- buy their new updated wireless controler system or 2- buy another machine...

here is an update...called and talked to mike and after a few min he had me talk to kelly, well kelly asked me to turn on the machine and click on wincnc and at the top right of the window there will be help....click on help and that should tell me what software this machine has along with the model/ser and we will go from there.....to be continued

another update...first of all Mike and Kelly are first class guys!! kelly called back and he thinks that the machine will work, he did notice that i don't have power going to the blue box on the back of the machine that controls the router/speed. he also thinks mybe from it being moved around that there might be a loose connection like you guys already said, after i get the info he wants on what software it has he is saying at very worst case if i need to replace the system that he can set me up with there new computer system complete shipped to me with 2 week training on whatever i need for under 2000. he even suggested making the machine flat, it would be easyer on the system. he remembers this machine in 99 working there and said that it is a really good one! and his new system would even include the 2 programs i really want installed and ready to go.well i should be messing around with it tomorrow or fri and hopefully i will know if its going to work or not! so anyways thats it for now...untill next update have a good one

well i powered up just the computer and clicked on wincnc, then clicked on seek limits and the xyz did there thing and all went to zero....waiting for kelly to call back to see whats next ? i guess i should have turned on the machine just to see if it worked and went home but i did not.....

mike going to help you...
    they have support you can buy..

while they answering you happily.. I would suggest you buy support..

also would be great to setup Skype or another working live video..
    wincnc using teamviewer..

if they can see your monitor and what machine does, they figure in minutes what could be wrong..
    while it cost you, but without their help you might cant start with the router..

im really glad it came up that its wincnc.. because within mechanical components you can change anything on your own, the control is different..

no not mike because he said kelly knows more and he was working there in 99 and knows this machine but he never called back today so......i took some pictures to show you guys and mybe someone has an idea on something, but if i'm asking too many question or driving you crazy just let me, i feel like i'm close here.....

here is some pictures of the things i clicked on and the programs thats on it, i didn't take a picture of everything but i hope this help you understand what is here....i did do the seek limits and the xyz went to zero but nothing moved!! ??

[URL=http://s288.photobucket.com/user/jgstang58/media/cnc%20monitor%20screen/cncmonitorpictures21315019.jpg.html][/URL

forgot to say that when it came to the point it asked me for a command i typed in go home, it appears in the window pictured...still no movement.

update...i talked to kelly today after i went and checked all connections and made sure it was all good, well i clicked on the wincnc and double clicked this time on seek limits and it went home!!!! then i talking to kelly on the phone we tried the X Y and they both worked... Z will not work untill i get the power hooked up to it, now he said the only thing left is to etheir pay the 50.00 per hr for training or update the system with all new computer etc and that comes with 2 weeks free training, so i thought i'd share that good news and thanks for all your help on this.

Page 3 of 4 1234