585,708 active members*
3,805 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > DIY CNC Router Table Machines > Does anyone have information on a CXR 2011?

Does anyone have information on a CXR 2011?

Hi,

I just bought a small computer controlled router at an auction, and it looks very well thought out. The only manufacturer information I can find on it is the control panel, which has CXR 2011, the computer router, on it; made with a label maker.

Also, do you think Artsoft / Mach 3 could be used to drive this?

Thank you,
    Bill Gillen

Might also want to post a pic of it.

b.

Got some pix

I finally got a camera in, and am going to try now to post some pix.

Also, has anyone had any experience with this software I found on ebay? (Quickstep, CNC stepper motor driver control software)

It says it uses the parallel port, which is the only connection this machine has.

Thank you,
    Bill Gillen
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 9436-try-1.jpg   9437-try-1.jpg   9442-try-1.jpg  

Better pictures

Hi,

Still learning how to work with the picture import. These look better. Does anyone use this, and if so, what software can be used to communicate, and also create files?

Thank you again,
    Bill Gillen
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CXR-2011- 001-cnc.jpg   CXR-2011- 002-cnc.jpg   CXR-2011- 003-cnc.jpg  

Hi Bill,

Any new information on this machine? You are right - looks like a very well thought out and built setup. I was looking at the same (Quickstep) software - have you found out anything else on it?

Matt

What is Quickstep

Hi,

The CXR-2011 got shuffled aside due to the end of racing season, because it took a lot of time to make the titanium parts for the Outlaw car, and my cohort was busy remodeling his house. We bought some Linux software, Ubuntu, I think, but haven't got a working computer to drive it yet. Tim will be rummaging through his junk this weekend to see if he can make one go. We think it will work OK, but simply don't know.

Take care,
    Bill Gillen

I definately know the feeling! I started converting my Mini Mill about a year and a half ago - it's finished, but all I have gotten it to do under power is draw a spiral! Now that I have gotten back to the project, I am trying different software again - Quickstep just looked easier to use than Mach to me. After downloading, Mach seemed easier, although I really didn't give Quickstep much time. I will play around with it some more when I get off of work for the week.