585,715 active members*
4,401 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Cincinnati 5VC750 acramatic 900V2 problems

Trying to reload the system tapes on the above machines due to memory loss after a long storage period.

Problems encountered are thus:

1. Sometimes the tapereader reads the tapes but stops after a few seconds sometimes longer. I have even managed to read a complete tape, but of course the same problem came up when loading reel two. I suspect a tapereader error!?

2. Got the tapes on disk in ASCII format trying to load them this way. Can`t get the PC to communicate with the CNC. I will check out the RS232 with a break out box tester. Never used one before, what do I look for? Got various suggestions for DNC setup, does anybody know something that works, including cabling?

3. When starting up the machine I get a one-line message "memory lost.... ". Doing the firmware diagnostics and tapeloading (as described above) works when this message is on, but sometimes the screen is full of letters in a caotic and random and nothing works. Any suggestions what this may be and how the get the machine "back to normal"?

Comment to all above: Quite sure that the boards and other hardware are OK, the diagnostics reports no error. Got two machines so I can interchange parts if I suspect any faulty parts.

Any suggestions received with thanks

John

(Posted earlier in "general machining CNC")

I know pretty well the acramatic 900 system for machining centers, have a T10 MC in my plant.
    May be I could be of some help, but I should know what type of CNC machine you are having trouble with. Should you prefer, my email ([email protected]) is also available for contact.
    Rezfo

5vc750

I have a 5vc750 mill with the acramatic 900 control, which is made by Siemens Electric.They have helped me in the past.Their number is 1-800-879-8079.Ask for tech Dave.Also they have a web page with info on comunication
    to a computer.It is at sea.siemens.com/machine/support/mcA90fa1.html

Dale
    [email protected]

Sounds like the parameters / executive files are lost in the control. When working from a PC to load executive files, you must send to the CNC at 8, 1, None.

Now get this, on a Cincinnati control, the CNC will be set for 8, 1, N but the PC will be set for 7, E, 2. Always match the baud rate. This is for loading and saving NC programs. Drip feed also works but you will need to put line delays in the transmission and or character delays depending on your software and PC.

It would be really nice if all the CNC control builders would get on the same page about RS232 communications and come up with a standard, but then I would be out of business
    Greg Mercurio
    Shop Floor Automations, Inc.
    www.shopfloorautomations.com
    (619) 461-4000 Tel

I have done the cin900 exectapes for many customers. You need to load and send them in Binary format. I use Rybett Camb to upload the tapes to disk from a serial or parallel tape reader. I use a ADR, CIMNET or Rybett BTR to Load the Exectape into the CNC the program I use to download the Exectape is Camb or PcDNC Editor. If your machine has the LS1000 tape reader (RS422) the ADR BTR works best.
    William Timm
    WTC CO

5vc750

Hello all,
    thanks for the advice. I have had the machine retrofitted, seems that when one error was rectified the next showed up. The retrofit is still in progress so I can`t tell you how it`s working just yet.

regards
    John

Re: Cincinnati 5VC750 acramatic 900V2 problems

This is where a shop floor control comes in handy: it empowers you with automated data collection, and real-time tracking of crucial KPIs such as workforce-equipment availability, task allocation, and OEE, allowing you to gain visibility, identify areas of improvement, and take intelligent decisions to enhance operational performance.