Hello,

Thanks for your quick review and any advice you can send my way.

Small shop here. We have 2 identical Mazak SQT 10MS lathes. One is a 1993 and one a 1994.

Machine 1 is working great and running parts. Machine 2 has been also fine.

Machine 2 has been setting for about 3 weeks without running any parts. But, as regular practice we fire the machine up, home it out at least every 2-3 days.

We purchased Machine 2 just a couple of months ago. It has not been unusual to come in, fire the main breaker up on the machine, and power up the control panel
to see a "58 Emergency Stop - External" in the lower left of the monitor. We have seen this many times. Is all we have done is power the control down, turn the main
breaker off, and reboot the machine. Normally, the machine fires up fine on the 2nd boot.

A couple of days ago, we started to setup a new job. The last thing we were working on was installing new jaws in the rear chuck. So, we moved the B axis out a few inches so
we could reach it easier to install the new jaws. No problems. The machine was powered down as normal. (We did not move the B-Axis back home).

Yesterday, we fire up the machine to get the exact same alarm as usual. But, now we can not get it to reset the alarm after a reboot. When we power up the main breaker, the machine
comes up fine. When we turn on the control, we get the alarm. One thing that I notice is that it no longer has that 'engaging sound' when firing up the control. I am not sure what
this sound is normally (hydraulics kicking in, clamps, ?? not sure). I just know that we are not getting to that point.

I compared Machine 2 (problem machine) with Machine 1 as we started each machine up. I stepped through it and looked in the back cabinet. Both have the exact same LED's lit, codes, etc. on the drivers
when the main break is turned on. When the control on each machine is turned on I get the following on Machine 2 (problem machine).
CONTROL
58 EMERGENCY STOP in lower left corner of screen.

Using Softkey, 'Diagnos', we see that at the exact same time we get
58 EMERGENCY STOP (External) and
128 EMERGENCY STOP

The NC Alarm LED is lit red on the control. I have also seen the MC Alarm LED lit red. Not all of the time.

IN THE CABINET
I don't know much about these, but when I open the control doors, there seems to be 3 main sections.
1. A Main Board dead center. 2. To the right of this a Freqrol FR-5GJ Drive. 3. At the bottom a Freqrol FR-SF Drive.

MAIN BOARD Flashes
F1 55
F4 55
F2 55

Freqrol FR-5GJ to the right
UN E7

Freqrol FR-SF in bottom of cabinet
UN E7

I have read enough on these forums to know that there could be a number of potential problems that could be causing this.

Things that come to mind:
- Is there a problem because B spindle was not homed out before shutting down?
- Is there a relay that has tripped? Which one?
- Is there a parameter that has been thrown off?
- Is there a servo drive problem? Freqrol?
- Could one or more of the ball screws be stuck because of sitting for a couple of weeks?
- Is there an Emergency switch tripped that we are missing?
- Are there components on this Main Board that are covered with 'plastic' and are faulty? Transistors, resistors, etc.?
- Is there low fluid ?

Anyway, it seems that there could be a bunch of different things that could be causing this alarm.

It just seems like something is 'sticky'. It is not kicking into the next step of the boot up and alarms out.

Any ideas of things I can check would be greatly appreciated!

Thank You,
Mike